Thursday, May 8, 2014

Tita Josie's Mechado

I always look forward whenever Tita Josie invites our church group, Tita Baby, Tita Belle, Vinnie and Tita Nene, for a Mechado meal.

I just love the fact that the meat of the Mechado was very tender.

She already taught me several times how to cook it but I still cannot make it exactly the way she does it.

Another dish she prepared for us was Pesang Lapu-Lapu.

It was my first time to eat the fish wherein it was fried first before adding it to the soup.

We also had Prawns ( HUGE) with garlic and butter.

I asked for the recipe and Neneng (helper) shared it with me.

Marinate the prawns in calamansi and Kikoman soy sauce for an hour.

Brown the garlic in butter and set aside. Let it cool then pour over the prawns.

Pan fry the prawns until it is cooked.

YUM!!!!! YUM!!!!

I am definitely going to cook this for my Kuya! I know he will love it.

Thank you Tita Josie for inviting us again! Looking forward to the next Mechado date with you.

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi lia do you pour the cooled garlic butter on the uncooked prawns first them Pan fry after? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I am so sorry for the late reply! I just discovered most of the comments are in another folder!

      Pour the butter garlic sauce on uncooked prawns.

      Delete
  2. Yes! That's what I noticed in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete