Sunday, February 21, 2016

Tita Cena's Birthday Celebration At Discovery Shores, Boracay

Tita Cena celebrated her 80th birthday at Discovery Shores, Boracay with her family (Corry, Mona, Paul, Cathy, Steph, Aya, Sam, Tita Medy, Tito Baby, Malou and Vick) including her "adoptive" daughter, Lia!



My 18th visit to Boracay!

Her siblings and nieces flew in from Canada and the US.  

As early as mid-2015, I was invited to this affair.

Mona and I were in a different flight from the rest.



I was so excited when we got to Caticlan airport.  Always had a hang-up of being welcomed by Discovery Shores.



The resort's boat ferried us across the channel to Boracay Island.  



It was a fast ride!  Normally, I get dizzy inside enclosed ferry boats. I prefer the usual bancas with stabilizers on the sides called katig.  Well, it sounds like katig but I'm not really sure what it is called.

Corry got us a 2 bedroom suite.  





As soon as we got there, pizza from Two Season's was waiting for us!

Before I did anything else, I went with Tita Cena to church to hear mass at the Holy Rosary Parish.



Good thing I was able to take a picture of the mass schedule for future reference.



I dropped by my favorite bbq vendor, Ate Gina.  Her stand is in between Obama and Diamond Sports.



I ate 10 pcs. of mini pork bbq and 1 king sized hotdog.  I forgot that I don't eat anything with preservatives.



Jonah's mango and melon shake with no milk.



The seniors had dinner at the resort.  The "younger" ones ate at Hama Japanese Cuisine at D'Mall.



Kani Salad



California Maki



Tempura



Tenjin Ramen



Tempura Soba



It was a tiring day for everybody, we called it a night.

My breakfast was...... yellow orange!



I did not eat at the buffet and just ate in the suite.  I was afraid to overeat and get sick at the start of my vacation.

Ready to enjoy the beach!





Lunch was at Obama Grill!  It was Malou's treat. Thank you!



Calamares



Clams



Bistek



Fish Sinigang



Baby Back Ribs



Sizzling Bulalo



Fried Chicken



And my most favorite of all, Ginataang Pinakbet!



Boracay is famous for its sunset.  I waited for 30 minutes to take a good shot!



My patience paid off.  If I may say so, I took an amazing shot which was perfectly timed.

Corry's treat for everybody was the birthday dinner at the beach for Tita Cena.



(Pictures are bit dark.)

Lobster Bisque



Ceasar's Salad



I absolutely love the brown bread in Boracay.  



It's like raisin bread without the raisins.  It's on the sweet side.

Ohhhh look at the little caldero for a single serving of rice! I will look for it in Manila.



Char Kway Teow



Steamed Crabs.



I ordered the Angus Burger.



Tita Cena was so delighted by the surprise!  



She looked so happy in the pictures!



Thank you! Thank you! Thank you to the Avancena family for "adopting" me in celebrating Mama's 80th birthday at Discovery Shores, Boracay!

Will pray for more, more, more birthdays for Tita Cena! 

Hehehehe Hopefully in Boracay again!


No comments:

Post a Comment