Monday, February 1, 2016

Everyday Healthy Food

I'm trying out a new diet given by the nutritionist. It is supposed to help me manage my sugar.

Very skeptical about this because it is laden with carbs but I'm willing to give this a go.

Since I just got out from the hospital, I did not have time to go to the supermarket. I asked Hermie to buy a few things for me.

Do you remember when you wanted ground beef or pork years ago, many, many years ago, you had to buy the cut of meat and ask the butcher to grind for you?

The ground meat now in the supermarket usually contains trimmings and litid.

I requested for coarsely ground kasim.

I do not know what to call this dish but the only thing that comes to my mind is: Pork Giniling!

Hahahahaha! How creative! I am now trying to cook with just salt and pepper and without other seasonings.

Pork Giniling

1/2 K. Kasim, coarsely ground

2 t. Cooking oil

2 T. Garlic, chopped

1 onion, sliced

1 C. Tomatoes, diced

2 C. Carrots, cut into small cubes

Red and green pepper, diced

1 t. Rock salt

1/2 t. Freshly cracked black pepper

1 C. Water

Saute the garlic and onions. Add the tomatoes. Cook until soft.

Add the ground pork and cook until it is not pink anymore.

Add the carrots and water. Season with salt and pepper.

Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.

Lastly, add the red and green peppers.

1 serving is 1 C. and the rice is 1/2 C.

For breakfast, I picked out the carrots and used 1/4 C of the Pork Giniling for my omelette.

1/2 C. Rice, omelette and 40 gr. Banana.

I also cooked Nilagang Manok.

Naked Chicken! Hahahahahahaha

I had to remove the skin!

Another breakfast fare, Pork Giniling with 1/2 C. Rice and banana.

I cooked Kilawin puso ng saging for lunch.

Dinner was beautiful in color!

Sauteed carrots and beans, rice and Chicken Salpicao.

I saw a very easy recipe online. Sorry, I forgot the website.

Chicken Salpicao

500 gr. Chicken breast fillet, cut into chunks

3 T. Knorr Seasoning

2 T. Lea and Perrins

1/2 t. Freshly cracked black pepper

1/2 C. Water

1 head garlic, chopped

Marinate the chicken in Knorr, Lea and Perrins and black pepper for 15 minutes. Drain. Reserve the marinade.

Brown the garlic in 2 T. Oil. Set aside.

Using the oil of the garlic, pan fry the chicken for about 6 minutes. Add the marinade and water.

When the chicken is cooked, sprinkle toasted garlic on top.

I will experiment with more healthy recipes.

On the downside, now that I am following the serving sizes and cooking suggestions given by the Diabetes Management Center, why is my sugar 293? 343? 323?

With those reading I could have eaten at a buffet or had an Afternoon Tea at The Pen!

To think I was eating healthy food. Well.... According to "them".

Something is missing from the picture.

I will figure this out.

But in the meantime, enjoy the "healthy" recipes!

Hahahahahahaha Can you "hear" the sarcasm in my voice?!?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment