Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Eric Kayser Artisan Boulanger

I have this crazy obsession with bread lately. There goes the wheat- free diet.

Wheat is really so addicting!

According to Dr. Davis, Modern wheat is an opiate.

I know I should not indulge but I'm giving myself just a few more days to break the bad habit.

Eric Kayser is a fairly new bakery in PowerPlant Mall.

I bought several kinds of bread.

Viennoise - soft sweet bread

Honey Ham and Emmental Cheese Sandwich with Sour Cream and Onions Potato Chips

Santi's Honey Ham sliced thinly.

Emmental Cheese

I love cold slices of butter with my sandwich. It's like eating icing!

My favorite brand now is Saputo, product of Argentina.

It's a sweet kind of butter.

Pain Au Lait - soft bread ideal for sandwiches

with Honey Ham and Brie.

Turkish Bread

I wonder why it is always out of stock?!? It is one of their most popular breads. People buy by the dozens! I was lucky today because I went to PowerPlant after lunch I was able to buy.

This is best served grilled!

I ate it with the Tomato Beef Stew I cooked for dinner.

Hahahaha I think it is our Filipino Beef Afritada. I loved dipping the bread in the stew!

Tomato Beef Stew ( Afritda )

280 g. Sirloin cubes

2 T. Cooking oil

2 cloves of garlic, crushed

1 small onion, sliced

2 tomatoes, sliced

1 Bayleaf, crumbled

115 g. del Monte Tomato Sauce

1 1/2 C. Water

2 small potatoes, cut into chunks

1 carrot, cut into chunks

1/2 green pepper, cut into squares

1/2 red pepper, cut into squares

I Knorr Beef Cube

1 T. Del Monte Tomato Paste

Freshly cracked Black pepper

Sauté the garlic, onions and tomatoes until soft over low heat.

Add the beef and sauté until the liquid evaporates and oil has been rendered.

Add the tomato sauce and simmer for a few minutes.

Pour the water. Let it boil then transfer into the pressure cooker.

Set the timer for 30 minutes. When pressure has gone down, remove the cover then add the beef cube and vegetables. Cover again and cook for an additional 15 minutes.

Add the pepper and the tomato paste and simmer for a few more minutes.

Serve with rice but best eaten with Eric Kayser Turkish bread.

I am going to buy the Croissant tomorrow! I hope they still have it in stock!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment