Saturday, February 1, 2014

Batgirls Double Delight

Hahahahaha why does my post title seem suggestive?!?!

I was with the Batgirls for two days!

I loved the fact that Mariger was able to join us for 2 consecutive days!

Mayette and Mona were my guests last night. I cooked the crunchy version of Mayette's Adobo!

Adobo Chicharrones
1 K. Pork Liempo with fat
1 head garlic, crushed
1/2 C. Datu Puti vinegar
2 t. Rock salt
10 pcs. Peppercorn
2 C. Water
Add all ingredients in a pot. When it starts to boil, lower heat, cover and cook for 1 hour.
Drain the pork and let it cool for 1 hour. Lay the Liempo slices on a non-stick pan without cooking oil. Cover and cook for 10 minutes on each side over low heat.
Brown the garlic in the pan and use the oil rendered from the fat.
Add the liquid in which the meat was boiled.
When the liquid has reduced and fat has risen up to the surface, switch off heat.
Two options, you can pour it over the pork or serve the sauce separately in a gravy boat.
Best eaten with tomatoes, wansuy and patis!

I felt a little bit of pressure because I was cooking for my Adobo Teacher!

She said, I passed with flying colors!!!

Yay!

This morning, the Batgirls held a garage sale in my house.

I cooked pancakes for them when I woke up.

Lunch was exciting for me because Mariger cooked Menudo without tomato sauce for us!!!!

My Pinakbet sans eggplant and ampalaya.

I want my vegetables crisp-tender so I did not overcook it.

Tita Letty even joined us for lunch!

She brought Sans Rival but I was not able to take a picture.

Merienda was coffee, DEC mini pan de sal, Magnolia Gold butter

And ... Freshly baked Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!

When everybody went home, I took a short nap before going to mass.

Then, the Batgirls sent me messages that they were also very tired but had fun during the couple of days we were all together.

Sometimes, even if our food is just simple in nature... As long as it is delicious.... We are all happy!

Plus...... It is the company that counts!

SIDEBAR #1

I went to Rustan's Rockwell after mass and saw they were selling bone marrow!!!

I had to buy a couple of bone marrow shanks!!!

I am so excited! I will eat it with Patis, calamansi and sili!

Heads up: I am NOT sharing!

Hahahaha

SIDEBAR #2

I cooked the fish balls I bought on Ongpin St. yesterday.

The balls were huge!

But they deflated after a few seconds.

I used Royal Tru-orange for the fishballs sauce instead of Pepsi.

Fishballs Sauce

1 1/2 C. Royal Tru-Orange

1/4 C. Datu Puti vinegar

1/2 C. White sugar

2 T. Soysauce

1 T. Cornstarch diluted in 2 T. Water.

Mix all the ingredients in a sauce pan except the cornstarch slurry.

When it boils and the sugar is dissolved, add the cornstarch slurry and stir until thick.

Let it cool then add chopped red onions and chili pepper.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment