Thursday, December 3, 2015

Spending Time with Dodai and Alex

I spent time with Dodai and Alex tonight! I haven't been with them in quite a while.

Busy, busy, busy! Although if you ask me what have I been doing, I can't think of an answer but I am definetely occupied to the point that I do my minor grocery shopping at night at Powerplant which closes at 10 pm.

I asked Dodai if she likes Beef Sinigang and she replied, Yes! I used shortribs and camto.

Most of the items in my freezer are different cuts of pork. I rarely buy beef except for ground beef for the spaghetti or sirloin for tapa or bistek.

I cooked the Bicol Express for Alex!

My Bicolano friends taught me different ways of cooking it. I followed their tips and I now have a new Bicol Express recipe!

Bicol Express

1 K. Pork Kasim, cut into small cubes ( dice size)

2 T. Garlic, chopped

1 onion, sliced

2 T. Fresh bagoong (not bottled)

2 C. Coconut milk, 2nd extraction

1 C. Coconut cream, 1st extraction

10 pcs. Siling haba, sliced diagonally

2 pcs. Siling labuyo, cut into small pieces (use kitchen scissors)

Salt and pepper to taste.

In a heavy duty pot, add the pork cubes, garlic, onion, bagoong and coconut milk (2nd extraction).

Let it boil.

Lower heat and cover. Cook for about an hour. Check if it is still watery, continue cooking until most of the liquid has evaporated.

Add the siling haba and siling labuyo.

In a saucepan, heat the cream. Do not stop stirring or else it will curdle. When it is creamy, pour into the pot of Bicol Express. Season with salt and pepper if needed.

Stir continuously until you get the right creamy consistency.

Dodai brought Cassava Cake.

I missed being with you two! Thank goodness we found time to spend with each other.

Until the next time, Dodai and Alex!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment