Friday, March 4, 2016

Food Portions

The dietician gave me a list of what to eat and the portions of each food per meal.

A sample of the food portions.....

Breakfast:



1 C. Rice

60 gr. Meat

85 gr. Papaya

Lunch:



1C. Rice

90 gr. Meat

1/2 C. Vegetables

Dinner:




1/2 C. Rice

60 gr. Meat

Half cup vegetables.

I have a problem with the food portions.  I do eat out often so I really cannot gauge my correct blood sugar reading.

But today.... I really don't know what would cause it to spike.

When I woke up my FBS was 172. It's high but that's lower than my usual 200-300 range.

Breakfast:



1 C. Sweet potato with 1 T. Butter

140 gr. Watermelon

Lunch:



1 C. Rice

90 gr. Meat

1/2 C. Vegetables

Merienda:

12 oz glass of taho

4 pcs. Siomai

1 pc. Lobster roll

Then when I checked my sugar before dinner it was 343!!!

That really frustrates me! When I've been following what was prescribed and yet my sugar goes up!  I don't mind if I dine out and it's high.

But not when I've been following correct food portions.

Dinner: 



Dinner:

1/2 C. Rice

1/2 fish

1/2 C. Mixed vegetables

I am just giving this diet until April 15. And then I will do what I think is right for me.

PS.

Sorry for the rant.  

On a lighter note....

Happiness comes in a pack.... Or two!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Lia! I've been reading your blog for maybe about 2 years now. I love getting ideas on what to cook from you. I also try products and food items that you recommend.

    I'm not a dietician, but my dad has diabetes so I know a little bit about it. I think that what causes the spike in your sugar level would mostly be the condiments you use. Ketchup, soy sauce, etc have plenty of sugar. Watermelon has a very high sugar content too. Best to avoid these.

    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Agnes! Thank you for following my blog!
      Yes! I know watermelon has high sugar content and yet the dietician allotrd 145 grams! I'm not so keen on the diabetic diet given to me. I feel that it is making my sugar rise higher.

      Thanks for the tip! Hopefully, I will be able to mmake sense of this sugar and diet relationship.

      Delete