Thursday, December 25, 2014

"Are You Happy on Christmas Day?"

It's Christmas Day and I spent it with my family!

The kids did not have a choice! They had to pose for me!

Lunch was a simple yet an artery clogging affair!

Our favorite bone marrow!

1 for me, 1 for Ate, 1 for Kuya and 1 for PD.

Ohhhh the marrow was sooooo buttery! All for me!

The others only like the soup and corn.

Our lechon this year was from Leonardo's.

When I placed my order, I asked them for the different sizes of lechon. The lady wanted to give us a pig that was good for 30-35 people. I told her.... We are only 9! So she gave us the size good for 20-25.

I had 2 platefuls of paper thin crunchy skin!

And probably a whole rack of ribs!

Tita Teena, mom of Vicky, said she likes to dip her lechon in patis, kalamansi and sili!

It's now my favorite dipping sauce for lechon ribs and meat but I still like liver sauce for the crunchy skin.

After lunch, we all went upstairs to have coffee, tea and dessert in PD's house.

Family Pictures

Gift giving time!

It usually is a long process because we watch each one open his or her present from the youngest to the oldest.

Everytime someone opened a present, we would ask, "Are you happy?"

Renzo

Gilly

Sophie

PD made collages of their "baby" pictures.

Nicky

My turn!

I was extremely happy with my cooking related gifts!

Overwhelmed with Kuya's present!

Ummmm.... Even though I do not watch TV?

Ate's turn to open her presents.

Was Kuya happy or sad?!?!

Butch, are you happy????

PD .... Opening the gift I gave her.

It took the whole afternoon for us to open all our presents!

After weeks and weeks of anticipation and preparation, Christmas is finally over!

All the kids were happy in the end....

So were the adults.

Another wonderful Christmas celebration!

The Wriggly Chronicles

My baby boy is so old already at 16 years of age.

He just slept the whole day!

My new family members spent their first Christmas with me.

Lizzie

Sabrina

Gloria

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment