Tuesday, December 9, 2014

LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet

I am perpetually on a diet. My number one goal to is to control my Type 2 diabetes. Weight loss is just a bonus.

Wheat-free lifestyle started last September 1. I stopped eating bread, pasta and mostly anything with flour.

On October 16, I made a big leap from Wheat-free to grain-free. That means no rice and no corn on top of being wheat-free.

Recently, I have been following the LCHF - Low Carb High Fat diet, which means no more potatoes and other starchy underground vegetables.

It is a struggle to think of what to eat. I always make sure that I have side vegetables.

Ideally, this is a sugar-free diet but there are some dishes that sugar is needed.

Plus, I can't give up my chocolates. I am really limiting my intake of it because I am already on my 4th week of letting my Wound on my left leg heal.

Plus side, my FBS is down to 130! Just 20 more to go and I will be on my ideal sugar level and hope to maintain it.

I am also surprised that my weight is beginning to drop again after reaching a plateau. Down to 10 lbs. since September 1. That is an average of 1 lb. a week.

My LCHF food:

I sometimes use pork fat to saute my vegetables.

Kilawin Puso ng Saging

Pinakbet

Sinigang Soup with vegetables

Fried Fish eaten with...

Cold butter and calamansi juice

Rib-eye "Tapa" steak

Humba with Chinese Mushrooms

BK Whopper sans bun

Talangka

Halabos na Suahe

Canadian Bacon with Poached Eggs and Hollandaise Sauce - (sauce was too thick)

Boracay Chorizo from Mona with Fried Egg

Baked Tomatoes with Parmesan and scrambled eggs.

These are just a few food ideas. Bibo included me in a LCHF group and I get ideas from the pictures they have been posting.

I hope LCHF is the answer to my prayers for a better health and to become drug-free!

If only I can give up the chocolates!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment