Monday, October 29, 2012

Lughanighe

I was able to buy Lughanighe at Santis, San Antonia Plaza today.



I researched online how to cook Italian sausages.  You are NOT supposed to pierce the casing or else all the fat and juices will run out.

No wonder my longanisa turned out so dry!!!!   I will have to experiment with our Filipino sausage if it works that way.

My Lughanighe turned out moist and juicy.  I just parboiled it in about 2 tablespoons of water and then grilled it in the Tefal Plancha that Mona and her family gave me for my birthday.



When I sliced the sausage, it was perfect!



It was salty and spicy at the same time.  Thank you, Cindy for recommending this to me.

There are still other sausages I have yet to try in Santis.

My lunch was Ginataang Langka.



I added my left over alimango and also put fresh shrimps.

My secret in cooking shrimps is that as soon as it turns orange in color, I remove immediately from the pan or else the shell will stick to the meat.

I did not realize cooking ginataang langka would take forever!!!!  It took me 2 hours but worth the wait.

My nephew and niece shared with me their loot from the trick or treat.



They gave me all the mentos and other mint candies.



I also ate the other chocolates.  YIKES!!!! Sugar rush!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment