Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A day in the life of... Lia

Who wants to know what happens in a day in the life of ..... Lia?

People have this perception just because I do not work in a regular office that I do not do anything. I do work from my home. Imagine that I am housewife without a husband and kids.  Hahahahaha! Does that make me a "house" only?

It surprises me sometimes because I barely have time for myself.  I have numerous activities and they are mostly centered on food and ...... cooking, which is my absolute passion.

I attended a cooking demo at the Bel-Air Park today.  The guest chefs were Jason Stacy and Joey Herrera, instructors at the ISCAHM.



Chef Jason was telling us about passion in cooking.  I could totally relate to what he was saying.

I do learn a lot from the chefs in the cooking demos that I attend whenever I could.  I am going to make the  Roast Chicken this Saturday for my family.  The chicken was soaked in a brine solution before roasting.  I am excited to experiment.

Chef Jason showed us how to make Creole Braised Pork.





Chef Joey demonstrated how to truss up a chicken and how to cook Rice and Broccoli Casserole au Gratin.

Of course, there was food tasting after the demo.



I could not wait to get home ....  I wanted to cook already.

Dra. Tricia ordered Fried Lumpiang Ubod and Paella from me.



I also made Chicken Curry for PD and Hermie.



I went to Rustan's Rockwell because I discovered Hermie used the carrots yesterday for our sotanghon soup.  I also went to Santis and bought a different kind of fresh sausage.

Thuringer Bratwurst

I ate it with spicy brown mustard and potato chips.



I am eating all the carbs I can before Jing and I embark on a new restrictive lifestyle on November 1.

It seems I was not the only one who wanted to eat Ruffles.



But I did not give him.

Earlier in the day, for brunch, I just had Tapsilog with Ubod achara from Mon.  I really love the Homemade Beef Tapa recipe that Mona taught me. http://liasfoodjourney.blogspot.com/2012/07/homemade-beef-tapa.html



So easy to make... no preservatives.  Plus.... it is not a sweet kind of tapa.

See?  It is already 11 p.m. and I am still writing this post.  I have not even showered yet.

This was a very typical day for me.

I am not complaining .... I love what I am doing!

2 comments: