Monday, December 5, 2016

Chicken Inasal

Last week, my experiment was Chicken Inasal.


I was in Landmark when I called Pia to ask her how to marinate the chicken.  She gave me the list of ingredients but she does not know the proportions.  I just checked out several recipes online and was able to approximate the measurement of the ingredients.

Chicken Inasal Marinade

1 whole chicken, cut into quarters
1 head garlic, chopped
2x2 inch cube ginger, sliced then pounded
1 C. coco vinegar
1 C. Sprite
1/4 C. brown sugar (Pia said no sugar but I could not help myself)
1 T. rock salt
1 t. freshly cracked black pepper
3 stalks lemon grass, chopped then pounded
2 T. achuete oil
150 gr. calamansi, juice of

Achuete oil for basting.

Combine 1 C. oil and 200 gr. achuete.  Heat in the pan until color has been rendered from the seeds.  Strain and set aside to cool.

Combine all the ingredients in a container and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.


Pia said, the secret to moist and tender Chicken Inasal is to keep on basting it with the achuete oil and turning it frequently.

The Junkies

had lunch here when I cooked the Inasal because Tricia bought me Batwan (souring agent) from the Salcedo Weekend Market.


I cooked our favorite Kansi.


Cat made the dipping sauce of the Inasal.  Calamansi, soy sauce and chopped chili.


The best, Cat!!!!

I also baked Apple Pie for the Junkies. Cat bought us vanilla ice cream.



My oven was very busy last week.  Sophia asked me to bake Chocolate Chip Cookies to give to her friends.


Freshly baked cookies with peanut butter!!!! YUM!


I also baked Mango Walnut Bars.  It was SUPPOSED to be my token gift to friends.

But something happened it it.

Something bad.

Loved it so much I ate almost all of it! Only 3 bags were left.  One of my neighbors was very lucky because I was able to give her early Christmas gift.


I even opened  2 bags and ate the bars.  Gave a few pieces to my family and friends but Mona and I ate most of it.

I am so sorry friends!!!  No more!!! I could not stop eating!  I do not usually eat what I bake but the bars were.....

I have no words to describe it.

I just need to buy more walnuts and dried mangoes.

Pet Chronicles

Mourning is over.  It was time to set up the doggie Christmas tree again.


Hermie wanted Snowball to be in the picture, so I indulged her even though Snowball looked like she has been through the ringer.

Good thing Tita Tricia came to visit and combed Snowball's fur.  We put on the Santa dress on her.



A confrontation between Snowball and Lizzie!


Ninang Tricia wanted to pet Lizzie, her "inaanak".


When I went to Vinnie's house the other day she showed me her new Persian kittens!



Was not able to take a photo of the tri-colored kitten.

I love them all!!!!

The fur was so soft and cottony!


I want one but I cannot have it because I am allergic to animal fur unless the breed is hypo-allergenic like Snowball.  I cannot even be in the same room with Lizzie or my cats for a long time.

So for now, I will just visit the kittens of Vinnie and cuddle them to death.











No comments:

Post a Comment