Sunday, May 3, 2015

Summer Escapade at Pico De Loro

When it is so hot in Manila.... Where should one head to cool off?!?!

To the beach!!!

My travel buddies and I went to Pico De Loro in Nasugbu, Batangas.

We booked 4 rooms at Pico Sands Hotel.

Room 316 for Team Franada/Castillo: Dra. Tricia, Doc Bernie, Odinah, Gia, Lucas and Jeanine

Room 318 for Team Infante: Jodie, Eric, Carrie and Gio

Room 320 for Team Ramos: Dra. Miko, Alvin and Marty

Room 322 for Team Soltera : Pinky and Jacob, Lia and Mona

I have never been a light traveler.

For my overnight night trip, I really really tried so hard to streamline what I was going to bring!

But what can I do?! Two eco bags contained baon for everybody!

The night before, I baked chocolate chip cookies and Banana Choco-Peanut Butter muffins.

I used the chocolate bar I bought in Langkawi, Malaysia.

I also made chicken sandwiches to eat in the car with the Ramoses who picked me up.

We enjoyed the food at the Reef Bar by the beach.

I ordered the Chicken Inasal.

Mona got the Grilled Liempo.

It was soooooooooo good! Moist, tender and well seasoned!

I could not stop thinking about it! I was obsessing about the Liempo!

The next day, as soon as I woke up, I immediately went to the Reef Bar!

Only to find out that they start serving food at 11:30!!!!

Oh no!

But.... Lia being Lia did not give up! I told them I was going to come back at 11:30 and they better be ready with my food!

Everybody had the buffet breakfast but I waited for my Liempo.

It was worth it!

Their secret is the quality of the pork.

It was just marinated in soysauce and calamansi for not more than 30 minutes and grilled slowly to perfection!

The fat melted in the mouth! Plus the dipping sauces that went with it? Perfect!

Spiced Vinegar, Soysauce and calamansi.

It came with a cup of Java rice.

I remember that Doc Bernie was kind enough to borrow the waterproof menu the day before so we did not have to leave the water to choose our food.

We were a party of 18 and Doc Bernie was able to memorize all of our orders!!!

Amazing! I can only remember 2 things at a time. But if I trip, I will totally forget everything!

Hahahahaha!

We had so much fun!

We love going to the beach! That is our common denominator.

Thank you so much everybody!

I enjoyed my summer escapade with all of you!

PS

On our way home to Manila, we ate at Lolo Claro's in Naic, Cavite.

It is near the junction of McDonald's and Jollibee. We went to the air-conditioned branch.

I LOVED the chicken!!!!

The owner used to be a cook for Max's.

I also ordered the Fresh Lumpiang ubod

And Mais con Yelo

Jacob had the Halo-halo.

I want to go back and eat the fried chicken again!

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment