Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Bicol Express

I have perfected my Bicol Express recipe.

My teacher is "Sir Man". Over the years, I developed my own recipe.

While Pinky and I were waiting for our delayed flight at Kalibo Airport last week, I texted my travel buddies if they are free for dinner on Tuesday. Good thing they all said , Yes!

I asked Pinky what she wanted to eat.

Bicol Express!

1/2 K. Pork Kasim, cut into small cubes

1/2 K. Pork liempo, cut into small cubes

1 head Garlic, crushed

1 onion, sliced

1 T. Raw bagoong

1/2 C. Water

2 C. coconut milk, 2nd extraction

1 C. Coconut cream, 1st extraction

1-2 t. Rock salt, to taste

1 t. Peppercorn

15-20 pcs. Green sili for Sinigang, deseeded, sliced thinly then soaked in water.

2 pcs. Siling labuyo, chopped

Saute garlic and onions until fragrant. Add the pork and saute until half cooked.

Combine the raw bagoong and water. Add to the pork. Continue sautéing until the liquid has evaporated.

Add the coconut milk from the 2nd extraction, 1 t. Salt and pepper. Cover and simmer over low heat for about an hour. Stir every 5 minutes.

When almost all the liquid has evaporated and oil has been rendered, add the coconut cream from the 1st extraction. When it boils, adjust the seasoning and add more salt (to taste) and the drained green sili and labuyo. Cook for about a minute and serve.

It was spicy! I had 2 servings of rice!

The Fried Daing na Bangus was a perfect partner for the Bicol Express.

Another request of Pinky was the Kare Kare! I forgot to take a photo. Dra. Cristina said to cook a lot of vegetables.

Pinky brought chocolate cake from Merville.

I loved it!

I'm on a "semi-diet" at the moment. Watching what I eat and controlling portions but not totally eliminating anything yet.

My travel buddies love to eat chips as well!

While we were waiting for Jodie, we munched on chips and nuts!

Ahhhh finally, the ice has arrived! Hahahaha I mean, Jodie!

We asked her to buy ice for us.

I am glad they all liked the food I prepared!

It is easier for everybody if I just cook our food then they divide the cost equally.

Lots of summer activites for us this April and May. Can't wait for our next travel escapade!

Soon!!!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment