Friday, January 5, 2018

Korean Fried Chicken With Honey Garlic Glaze

My 1st recipe I am sharing for 2018 is Korean Fried Chicken With Honey Garlic Glaze.


I have a previous recipe in this blog but after my trip to Seoul, I improved my recipe a bit.  They sprinkled nuts on the fried chicken before serving it.

Korean Fried Chicken

1/2 K. Buffalo wings or any cut of chicken
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1/2 t. ginger, grated
1/3 C. rice flour, potato or corn starch
2 C. cooking oil

Add salt, pepper and ginger to the chicken.

Put the flour or starch in a bowl and add the chicken. Make sure the chicken is coated with the flour or starch.  Strain the chicken pieces over a sieve shaking the excess coating then set aside.

Heat the oil.  I used my thermo gun until it reached 170 C.  Drop the chicken a few pieces at a time. Fry until almost cooked.  Drain and set aside.

After 30 minutes to an hour, heat the oil and fry the chicken a second time until crunchy  then put into the pan with  soy garlic glaze.

Soy Garlic Glaze

1. T. cooking oil
2 cloves of garlic, chopped

Sauce

2T. Sempio Korean soy sauce
3 T. honey
2 T. Gochujang (Korean chili paste)
1/2 T Cane vinegar
1 T. brown sugar
1 T. white sugar

1 T. sesame seeds toasted
2 T. peanuts, chopped

Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and set aside.

Heat oil in a non stick pan.  Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.  Add the sauce.  When  it is thick and bubbly, add the twice fried chicken.

Garnish with peanuts and sesame seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment