Saturday, January 6, 2018

Thai Shrimp Cake

I experimented with Thai Shrimp Cakes today.


I was trying to replicate the Shrimp Cakes I ate in Bangkok.


The secret is in the dipping sauce, I suppose.  I just bought the bottled plum sauce.


I am updating this post because I have a simpler and better recipe.

Thai Shrimp Cakes

Shrimp Paste:

1/2 K. shrimps
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. white peppe
2 t. Thai soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 wansuy roots, cleaned and chopped
100 g. pork fat, chopped (optional)

1 C. panko breadcrumbs
oil for deep frying

Peel and chop the shrimps coarsely.


Flatten with the side of the knife.


I used the stick blender to process the shrimps but if you have a food processor, use it, otherwise chop with the knife.


Combine  the rest of the ingredients and process with the stick blender.

Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.


Scoop and form a ball, golf ball size, then flatten but not too flat.  Roll in panko crumbs then poke a hole in the center.


Heat the oil up to 170C and deep fry until golden brown.

Serve with plum sauce or sweet chili sauce.





No comments:

Post a Comment