Friday, February 17, 2017

An Unexpectected Trip To Hong Kong

It was a spur of the moment trip to Hong Kong.  It was not really planned but then... it happened.

A back to back trip... from Boracay to Hong Kong.

Before I left for the beach, I already packed my things for HK because I figured I will not have enough time, the flight to HK was very early.  When I was checking out the temp before packing, it was 18-19 C degrees, Baguio weather.

But when we were about to board the plane in Boracay, I did a quick check and the temperature was 10C!!!


I had to change all the outfits I previously packed.  I loved the weather!  It was just like the temperature in my bedroom!!!

We met up with Tita Jit and Ryan.  First order of the court, LUNCH!!!



Tao Heung

Char Siu


Sweet and Sour Pork


Siomai


Turnip Cake


Chicken Feet with Steamed Spareribs.


I was very happy because my version is as good as the one in HK!

We went around the Kowloon area and did a little shopping.


My favorite place was the supermarket.

We had an early dinner at Spring Deer on Mody Road.  Good thing we arrived just in time for the opening.  There was still a table for us, the rest were already reserved.


Barbecued Peking Duck!


Complete with condiments and freshly made pancakes.



We also ordered Fried Rice.


Tita Jit and Ryan called it a night but Pinky and I went back to Market Place at K11 to buy more things.  Then dessert at Mc Donald's! Cindy said I should try the chocolate fudge sundae and the apple pie.


I always try the fast food in other countries just to compare if it is the same in Manila.

The next day's temperature was 14 degrees!


I really loved it!!!

We went to Yau Ma Tei on Shanghai Street to buy some kitchen stuff!



I was in cooking and baking heaven!!!!

I bought a new toy!  A barquillos/wafer/egg roll maker!


Lots of things to buy but they were so heavy plus it is very expensive in HK.

We then went to Causeway Bay to eat at Ryan's favorite Korean Restaurant.



NOW, I want to eat Korean food again!!!!




Black Sesame ice cream, my first for the day.


I tried the Cheese Tart in Sogo.


The crust was perfect!!!


Also, Taiyaki!


It is pressed croissant with custard filling inside.

We went to Times Square mall and we ate ice cream again!!!!


My 2nd for the day!!!  I ordered Belgian Chocolate and Strawberry.


Dinner was at my favorite restaurant in Central, Dragon Restaurant.



Happiness is Suckling Pig!


When we got back to TST, Tita Jit and Ryan headed back to the room while Pinky and I went to Ocean Terminal.

Of course, a trip to HK is not complete without eating Belgian chocolate ice cream at Godiva!!!!


My 3rd for the day!!!  Do not worry.  All the walking I did offset all my sugar intake.

Pinky had the egg waffle for dessert.


I was checking out YouTube how to use the wafer maker when I suddenly realized I did not have the tube for rolling!


So,  at 2 am, I messaged Tita Jit to say that I was going back to Yau Ma Tei to buy it the next day!!!

It was so easy to get there. Just 2 stations away.

I am now a proud owner of a wafer maker with 2 tubes for rolling!


Our lunch was at Tao Heung again because it was very near to where we were staying.

Sweet and Sour Pork plus Char Siu


Sio Mai


Shrimp Rice Roll.


We went around Kowloon for last minute shopping.  Ohhh I mean  last minute eating!

It was my first time to try the Hui Lau Shan dessert, since my first visit in the 90's,


I've always wondered how it tastes like. The lines were always so long.  I finally got to try it.


That was a quick trip!  It was time for all of us to head to the airport.


Tita Jit and Ryan went home to Bangkok while Pinky and I waited to check in our baggage.

A quick snack a Mc Donald's.  This time, we ordered Milkshakes!!!!


I got Chocolate milkshake, Pinky had the strawberry.  I don't understand why we don't have it here anymore.

I wanted to eat  at the 2nd floor after clearing immigration but I was still full so I just bought chicken from Popeyes and brought it home to Manila.


As soon as I got home, I opened my suitcase and Snowball inspected the contents!


She can work as a sniffer at the airport.


Tita Jit bought Jing a whole Peking Duck!!!


Hahahahaha Snowball probably thought it was for her.

Thank you so much Tita Jit and Ryan for our wonderful Hong Kong eating adventure!


P.S.

I think Pinky and I are spending way too much time with each other.


Lately, we have been saying the same things at the same time!!!!


Pinky is such a wonderful travel companion.  I love the fact that she takes good selfies and she does not mind whenever I photobomb her shots!



My favorite phrase for this trip and it is a private joke between the two of us is:


"San ka pa?!?"




No comments:

Post a Comment