Saturday, July 13, 2013

Mayette's All-Day Birthday Celebration

Mayette celebrated her birthday all day long!

The day started very early. Mona and I were at their house at 10 a.m. We then proceeded to Cafe Lidia in Marikina. The restaurant looked nondescript on the outside but such a huge place inside with different seating capacities. One area could sit 80, the other area about 50. There are several function rooms for 200, 150 and 100!

The menu was like a TGIF kind of restaurant but the prices were very reasonable and surprisingly.... The food was good and the service was fast.

Her family and I occupied 2 long tables

And we ate several orders of.....

Buffalo Chicken Wings

Fish and Chips

Fried Mozzarella

House Salad

Potato Salad

Baby Back Ribs

Spaghetti with Marinara Sauce

Spaghetti Bolognese

Shrimp and Garlic Pizza

Beef Salpicao

Steak with Mashed Potatoes

Boneless Fried Chicken

After lunch we all went to Discovery Suites Hotel where we had our dessert at their 1 Br suite.

Butter Cake from Estrel's

Sans Rival baked by Tita Letty.

We just stayed in for dinner. I cooked the tapa Mayette bought at Farmer's.

Yum!!!!!!! I cannot wait to eat it again. IMO, it is the best tapa!

Joy brought Steamed Crabs

Laing

And.... Binagoongan with vegetables

I enjoyed our lunch at Cafe Lidia but I loved our food for dinner. There is nothing like eating Filipino comfort food.

Mark and Cindy were able to join us after dinner.

They brought wine

and cold cuts - Coppa, Chorizo, Manchego with olive oil and Brie with Truffle filling.

I loved the Coppa and the Brie with Truffle

Mayette, I am very glad I was able to spend the whole day and night with you and your family.

I truly enjoyed myself and loved the food, as always!

Wishing you a very happy birthday, Mayette!

Until next year!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment