Saturday, December 30, 2017

Early Christmas In Bangkok With Lisa

I spent an early Christmas in Bangkok with Lisa and her parents, Tito Tony and Tita Des.




The reason why I always exceed my baggage allowance is because before I leave, I am almost near my limit. 


Upon leaving Manila, the weight was already 20 kilos out of 30 kilos.  Why? I have to bring a lot of things. My hair dryer even if the hotel has one. I always bring an extension cord. My toiletry kit has a nail cutter, nail file, now it has a retractable back scratcher and a whole lot more. 15 tops and 12 pairs of shorts. etc etc etc. 

And let us not forget Sia, my traveling cat, and my green security blanket.


Whew!!!! I am tired already just typing the contents of my luggage.

I was so excited after checking in the airline counter because I will eat my favorite siopao in Terminal 2.

Vin Vin Cafe was under renovation!!!!


It was a major let down.

Good thing I checked out the other food kiosks.

Yes!!!! They were selling my favorite Jumbo Bola Bola!


I only ate the filling because I was "wheat-free" while I was travelling.


Small world! We bumped into our HS classmate, Marie Flor who was on her way back to Toronto.


Touchdown Bangkok!



We booked a van from Klook to pick us up at the airport and vise versa.  It was the second time I booked from the online travel agency. The first time was in HK.

I chose Arnoma Grand Hotel across Central World because the location was great.  Near the shopping and dining areas.  It is an old hotel but well maintained. I've been staying there since the 90's with my family.


We had dinner at a shabu shabu restaurant in Central World.






The food was too much for 4 people but we enjoyed it just the same.

On our way back to the hotel we bought green mangoes and corn from the street vendors.


The hotel booking came with buffet breakfast.

Our first shopping adventure was at Or Tor Kor Market across Chatuchak.  We used Grab everywhere we went. So convenient and it even has a translation feature when you send a message to the driver.

Lots of fruits and food.





I even tried the pad thai and broke my Coke Zero fast!


Back at the hotel to rest and check out my favorite Big C Supermarket.

Ratchada Night Market was our next destination. It is behind Esplanade and near Thailand Cultural Center train stop.

We had grilled river prawns and grilled fish encrusted with salt.



I loved the fact that they use a giant tumbler with lots of ice for the soda.


The goods there cost less than other markets.

Gearing up for Sampeng Market the next day!


Lisa is so embarrassed to be seen with me wearing my Paddington Bear hat with matching tote bag. I bought it in Chatuchak last year when I was with Jing.

I bought a mini rice cooker from an appliance store! It is smaller than Sia.


In the evening we we crossed to Central World to look at the Christmas display.


We went shopping in the mall and I saw Sephora!!!  It is the favorite store of my friends, especially the Junkies.


I did not go in because all the products were non edible!

But... ice cream... I would stop for ice cream!


Watermelon gelato.


Ikea was our itinerary the next day.  I went toy shopping for Snowball!


Just got her a Husky and a pig.



Late lunch at MK.




I discovered that there is a food court at the top floor of Big C!

I had Pad Thai


And Oyster Omelet.


Hahahahaha I did not order Fried Rice with "Crap".


Platinum Mall shopping the next day!  Lisa and I bought the same shirt!


Twinning moment! She hates it when people ask if we are sisters!  It happened several times in Boracay, Bangkok and here in Manila.

Lookie! I bought a see through long dress!


On my last day with Lisa, I went to Central World again to buy something for PD


and to eat ice cream at Godiva!



It was a fun vacation with Lisa, Tita Des and Tito Tony.


Thank you my dear friend!!!


Merry Christmas!










7 comments:

  1. Lia is my tour guide for every trip to Manila, I’m on vacation and can’t be bothered with research and stuff, I just tell Lia what I want to do and she does her thing! Father and Mother said, “impressive ang appetite and energy”, and so funny too. Thanks bru for another great vacation, see you in back in 2019.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihihihi I like the impressive appetite bit!
      See you in 2019!

      Delete
  2. Hi! I just saw your blog. I'm just curious if that 3 luggages in the picture is equivalent of 20kilos already?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I brought almost 10 kg. Worth of goodies for my friend who lives in Bangkok.

      Delete
  3. Hi! I just saw your blog. I'm just curious if that 3 luggages in the picture is equivalent of 20kilos already?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back Scratcher for Women Men Extendable Telescoping Adjustable Includes Bearclaw Hand and Eagle Claw kit
    retractable back scratcher .

    ReplyDelete