Monday, October 27, 2014

Very Easy Pancit Sotanghon Guisado

Pancit is my Waterloo.

My friends and family know that. It is my favorite but I do not know how to cook good pancit. It is either too salty or does not have any taste at all.

When my Mom was still alive, she would often beg me to stop experimenting.

"Lia! Stop cooking Pancit! Hindi masarap!!!!"

Hahahahahaha. Just like this afternoon, I told PD that I would send her Pancit.

She declined the offer but I said, "I am experimenting with a new recipe!"

Her reply was, "Do I have a choice?"

I think I redeemed myself!

The Pancit experiment was a success! PD even called to say it was good!

I was browsing online the whole day for a very uncomplicated recipe and I found one!

It was from filipinofoodrecipes.org. I took screen shots of the recipe.

Uh OH! Hahahahahaha

I did not follow the measurement of the meat because I like more noodles than "other things" in my Pancit.

Pancit Sotanghon Guisado

2 C. Water

200 g. Chicken breast

100 g. Chicken liver

1/2 t. Rock salt

100 g. Peeled shrimps

250 g. Sapporo noodles

5 T. Cooking oil

3 cloves garlic, crushed

1 onion, sliced

1 carrot, cut into matchsticks

10 pcs. Green beans, cut into 1 inch lengths

1 C. Chinese cabbage, shredded roughly

3 T. Lee Kum Kee oyster sauce

2 T. Dati Puti soy sauce

1/2 C. Broth from the boiled chicken and liver

1/4 C. Kinchay, chopped

Soak noodles in water for 10 minutes then cut into 2-3 inch lengths.

Drain and set aside.

Bring water into boil. Add the chicken, liver and salt. Cook for 15 minutes. Let the meat cool then shred the chicken and slice the liver.

Heat the oil in a wok. Saute garlic and onions until soft.

Add the chicken, liver and shrimps.

When the shrimps are cooked, add the carrots and green beans. Cook for a minute then add the cabbage.

Add the oyster sauce and soy sauce. Continue stir frying for a few seconds.

Add the noodles. Toss the noodles continuously. Add broth 2 T. At a time if noodles are not yet cooked.

Add the kinchay and serve with Calamansi.

I wish Mom were still with me. She would have loved my Pancit!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment