Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Adobong Pusit

Finally!!!!!  I was able to cook inky Adobong Pusit!  Probably the squids were fresh, I got them from Baclaran.  I followed the recipe from the Maya cookbook. So easy.... A little bummer though,  I was baking Broas for Mona and I forgot to sprinkle powdered sugar on top.  I was so excited with my pusit.  I really can't multitask.  The Broas taste like Mamon Tostado.  Mona said it's ok because she will just spread thick "wall to wall" butter on them.

Adobong Pusit (Maya Cookbook)
Inky Black!  Just the way I like it!


1/2 K. Pusit
1/4 C. water
1/2 C. vinegar
garlic, crushed
1/2 t. black peppercorn
1 t. rock salt
garlic, crushed
onion, sliced
2 tomatoes, sliced
2 T. cooking oil
1 t. sugar
 Use a stainless steel cooking pot.  Cook pusit in water, vinegar, garlic, peppercorn and salt.  Drain liquid.  Saute garlic, onion and tomatoes.  Add the pusit, saute for a few minutes then add the reserved liquid.  Season with sugar and cook until sauce has been reduced.
Broas for Mona
.

No comments:

Post a Comment