Monday, October 11, 2010

Garlic Shrimps with Broccoli

I don't eat salads at night  now because the fruits and honey elevate my blood sugar.  So, for the past few nights, I've been eating cooked vegetables.  To my delight,  my blood sugar level is below 200 already! That hasn't happened in months.

I am undergoing a food lifestyle change.  I don't want to take a lot of medications, if I can help it.  I am proud of my accomplishments.  Ever since September 1, 2010, I changed my rice from white to brown - half cup for breakfast and another half cup for lunch.  NO rice for dinner.  (There were only a few times I was not able to follow my diet because I was dining out.)   Then on September 27, I stopped drinking Coke Light.  It really is great feat on my part.  I hope I have the fortitude to keep it up.

The only kind of fruit I eat is Pomelo.  I have been researching online and it helps regulate the blood sugar and a lot of other diseases.  Oh... also if I can help it .... I don't eat pork or beef.

Hahahaha  No wonder I've been having withdrawal symptoms!!!!! 

My dinner tonight was so easy to prepare!   Probably took only 10 minutes, including preparations.

Garlic Shrimps with Broccoli

 1 T. oil
3 oz. peeled shrimps
1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 t. Knorr Shrimp bouillon dissolved in 2 T. water
1 t. oyster sauce, optional

Heat oil in a wok, saute shrimps, when half cooked, add the garlic and continue stirring.  Don't let it brown.
Add the broccoli florets, then the bouillon-water mixture.  Cook until liquid evaporates.  Add oyster sauce to enhance the flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment