Saturday, April 10, 2010

Breakfast at Three

Breakfast at Tiffany's? No... Breakfast FOR Three???? No again ... Breakfast at Three... PM. Yes. I do like the idea of all day breakfast. I could never wake up early enough to eat nor join a fun run for that matter. I had a very late night, which turned into morning before I was able to go to sleep at 8:30 am. So when I woke up at 3 pm, I started preparing my first meal of the day.






I removed the bacon from the chiller to thaw out a bit. I bought MEKENI from Rustan's grocery because I don't like Purefood's Honeycured bacon anymore. I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks it's not as salty as before. I like Mekeni Bacon because first of all, the price is lower than Purefood's. Second, it's saltier with the right amount of sweetness. And last, when it is crisp fried, it crumbles in your mouth unlike with Purefoods, it is a tug o war experience.

Sometimes, I crave for the bakery corner style ensaymada. Everytime I see a little bakery wherever I am, I always try their ensaymada or spanish bread. I bought my ensaymada from Insular Bakeshop in P. Burgos St. yesterday afternoon. I like my bread light and airy and not heavy and dense. As soon as I got the plastic bag, I ate 3 pieces in one sitting! YUM... I was in cheap ensaymada heaven! So this afternoon, my friend Mona, suggested I reheat the bread in the toaster oven. Of course I put a chunk of Magnolia butter on top. I heated it just right and not too long ... just enough for the butter to melt a bit. The result ..... MMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm then I topped it with Maclaren's Imperial cheese.

Maclaren's Imperial Cheese is a favorite cheesespread of mine. Friends and relatives from Canada always give us. It is made by Kraft in Ontario. It was one of my Mom's favorites - she liked salty food. The taste is a cross between quezo de bola spread (same texture) and very sharp cheddar cheese.... salty... creamy and sweet. It is also best eaten with freshly baked HOT pandesal.

1 comment:

  1. Oooohhhh!!! I love this!!!! Can I have this for breakfast when I sleepover at your house?

    ReplyDelete