Tuesday, August 22, 2017

A Day At Lotus Pod, Bay Laguna

Tita J and the BKK ladies went to Lotus Pod in Bay, Laguna.  The owner is Tita's friend.


Doc BF was not able to go with us because of a medical emergency but he was with us during breakfast in Pinky's new house.


So it was just the women who went on a road trip.


I was the navigator so we had several stops.  Coke Zero and Twister Fries at Mc Donalds drive-thru and I bought white corn from the vendor selling along the road.

As usual, Lotus Pod did not disappoint.  Lots of new improvements since my last visit.  It now has 8 casitas with a small hot tub among other things.


Reception area

The pavilion's ceiling is made from Boston Pine wood.


It smelled so good!

You know what else was good??? Our lunch!!!




Grilled fish from the pond


Fern salad with organic red eggs


Tita J brought adobo from Bangkok.


We brought liempo and it was grilled perfectly with salt and pepper.


Halabos na hipon. We bought the shrimps at Dampa Macapagal Seafood Market and cooked it the night before.


They also served Buco Pandan with coconut cream!


Lemongrass juice



A lot of "groufies".



We never miss an opportunity to take photos.


I met a new friend. His name is Archie and he is 4 years old, the son of the caretaker.

Why do kids gravitate towards me?! I do not know why.

He asked me if I have a kid.  I said no but backtracked and said, Yes!

I started showing him pictures and videos of Snowball.  He is so funny because he was trying not to laugh but you could see it took quite an effort not to.

And then.... he asked me to go with him.  He wanted to show me his pet.  I asked him where he lived.

"Is it far?"

"It looks far!!!"

We kept on walking and walking until we got to his house and he started calling out for his pet... JUSTICE!!!

The most adorable puppy ran out of the house and it kept on running and running and running!!!!


So cute! A 2 month old shih poo mix!

That was the highlight of my day.

And of course, the food.  Always the food.  Food before family and friends.

Thank you so much to the friend of Tita J who owns Lotus Pod!


We had a wonderful time and hope to visit your place again!

2 comments:

  1. Hi. The place is so nice and serene looks relaxing.. is it open to public? 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Yes it is open to the public. It is a bed and breakfast place.You can also hold events there. Check out their website for more info.

      Delete