Friday, June 2, 2017

Upcoming Wedding of Sam And Carla

Sam and Carla are getting married next month!


They asked me to help them select the menu for the reception and today we had food tasting at the Manila Polo Club.

Yay for me because I get to eat reception food two times! Today and on July 7!

SOUP

Roasted Tomato Soup with Pesto


Creamy Spinach Soup with Parmesan Crisp.


Carla and I have similar taste in food.  The winner of this round was the Tomato Soup!

SALAD

California Salad


Romaine lettuce, dried dates, peaches, toasted almonds, red onion, Danish blue cheese and cider honey vinaigrette.

Watermelon and Rocket Salad


Lettuce, baby arugula leaves, red and yellow watermelon, candied pili nuts and balsamic vinaigrette.

No contest.  California Salad hands down.

If you know me very well, then you know I absolutely hate arugula and anything with balsamic vinegar.

1ST ENTREE

Seafood and wild mushroom ragout puff cream sauce, truffle oil, onion leeks and parsley.


I loved it!!!!  The best! I wish Sam and Carla would get married everyday just so I can eat this everyday.

I have to attend a refresher course on baking.  I know the puff cases are hard to make but once I perfect it, I will be in heaven everyday!!!

Sorbet Intermezzo - Calamansi Sorbet


2ND ENTREE

Grilled Fillet Mignon and Maya Maya Medley


Fillet mignon drizzled with beef au jus, pan seared Maya Maya topped with leeks.
Mushroom risotto and bouquet of vegetables.

DESSERT

Greek Yogurt Panna Cotta with honey walnut tuille, roasted walnuts and strawberry coulis.


Strawberry Shortcake


Vanilla sponge, Chantilly cream, macerated strawberries, fresh strawberries, balsamic vinegar, strawberry coulis and fresh basil.

We chose the Greek Yogurt Panna Cotta for dessert.

Whew!!!

I cannot wait for the upcoming nuptial of Sam and Carla!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment