Monday, April 11, 2016

Shanghai Connections (Pre-cruise)

Shanghai was our gateway to the Cruise.



We arrived at  Pudong International Airport after midnight.





We had two coasters to ferry us to our hotel.



One coaster for people.



And another one for the 26 pieces of luggages.  



We do not travel light! Before leaving for the trip, the weight of my luggage was already 18.5 kg.! I had to buy extra 10 kilos.

Our hotel was Shanghai Fish Inn Bund.  Mona and I shared a room.



On our first day in Shanghai, Doc BF did a quick reconnaissance.  He said, if you peek outside the hotel, you will be able to see the 5 story Forever21!



I then ventured on my own! The rest of the group went sight seeing.

I rode the subway to IFC mall.  



Lisa said it is the most expensive mall in Shanghai.





Did my food shopping at CitySuper!



Lunch at my favorite HK resto, Tasty Noodle and Congee.



Hakaw



Shrimp Vermicelli Roll



Baked Bbq Puff



Wanton Noodle Soup.



I had to remove my jacket because it was so hot inside the restaurant!  



Hahahahaha Instead of cool air coming out of the vent, hot air was blowing towards me! I wonder how people can eat with their jackets on! There was a waterfall going on behind my back.

My favorite dessert now is the crepes from Momi & Toy's Creperie.



Fresh strawberries, cream, strawberry syrup and strawberry ice cream. The crepe does not taste eggy at all!

Imagine the "apa" of the dirty ice cream, that's how the crepe tasted.





The apple store with a cylyndrical glass entrance.  



What is astonishing about it is that the sheets of glass are whole!

Super Brand Mall was my next destination. 



I had to go to Lotus Supermarket.



Bought Pork Barbecue and Pineapple Buns at Tsui Wah Bakery.





On my way home from the mall, I bought egg tarts at a stall near Pedestrian Street.



The Ka Escapades sent me a message to meet them at St. Francis Cathedral for mass.



I took an Uber from the hotel to the church.

I have been researching prior to the trip, I know my way around but the church was in a different part of town not really accessible by train.

We had dinner at this restaurant.....





It was a lauriat!  Lots of food.









Thank you so much to our anonymous host!



Photo ops with the group at Pedestrian Street.





Before calling it a night, I had ice cream at Family Mart.



That was our pre-cruise Shanghai adventure. 

Next entry will be our post cruise experience in Shanghai.



No comments:

Post a Comment