Sunday, September 3, 2017

Birthday In Cebu 2017

I started celebrating my birthday out of town with my Ate in 2009.  I used to have birthdays abroad with my Mom or PD but since Mom has passed on, it was just Ate and I, then recently, Pinky would also celebrate my birthday with me.

I love Cebu.


People always ask me, Why Cebu?

Because I love the food in Cebu!

Last year, Kuya and Sophia were with us but they did not join this year because they got bored.  All we did was eat and rest in the hotel, wait to get hungry then eat again!

So, it was just Ate, Gilly and I.

Our first stop was Rico's Lechon near the airport.



I ordered the Spicy Lechon.


Tip: They give better quality parts if you order for take home.  I suppose they give priority to lechon ordered ahead of time.

Then we checked in at Marriot Hotel.  It was Sia's first time in Marriot but second time in Cebu.


She was with me and Mariger last May.

I brought the chocolate cake Tina gave me.


It is a traveling cake because it is in a tin can.



Next destination was SM Seaside Cebu.  We had a light snack at Majestic.

Of course, we ordered the Snow Ice Halo- Halo


Siomai


Hakaw


Hot and Sour soup.


The weather was perfect for Matia's BBQ


It is an outdoor dining place where you eat under a tree.


Inihaw na Liempo


Grilled Chicken, pork bbq and chorizo.


Calamansi and sili for dipping, then you add soy sauce and vinegar to it.


The grilled food is eaten with puso rice.


Light snack/dinner was at Ayala Center.  Red Lizard is owned by the Abaca Group, same owner of Maya Mexican Restaurant.


I just had the double tacos.




Masa Chips


with cheese dip.


Happy Birthday, Lia!


The day finally arrived after celebrating almost everyday in August!

Brunch at Abaca Baking Company in their original branch, Crossroads Arcade.


I had Banana Pecan Waffle.


I brought my own candle and the waiters said, "Birthday ni Ma'am!"

And a bottle of Aunt Jemima Syrup.


We tried the Chorizo rice.


Gilly had the waffle with fruits.

They have several branches in the city now.  The menu has changed a bit.  They do not have the Nutella nor the peanut butter waffle anymore.  They streamlined their menu and my favorite breads by the dozen are not sold anymore.

Missing my old favorites in Cebu.

It was time for Ate and Gilly to head to the airport.  I hitched a ride with them to go to Parkmall.

A friend of mine said the Cebu's Original Lechon Belly was to die for.


I have always wanted to try it but the location of the mall is a bit off.  It is in between the city and the airport.

I ordered the Regular


and the Spicy.


Then dessert at Noki Nocs, originally from Puerto Princesa. I had Mais con Yelo.


I went back to Ayala Mall and ate at Pizza Republic by Giuseppe.


Would you believe this 7' Anchovy thin crust pizza with iced tea was only 99 pesos?!?!?


And it was pretty good!

Every time I am in Cebu I have to eat the steamed fried rice at Dimsum Break.


And their siomai.


TADA! Pinky took an earlier flight so she was just in time for dinner.


At Alejandro's!


Their specialty is Crispy Pata!


I ordered Bam-i for long life.


Finished the whole platterful of pancit all by myself. Pinky had a forkful or two. It was delcious because it was very flavorful (meaning, salty, which I love). Plus, I do not know how to cook good Bam-i.

Thank you, Pinky for the dinner treat!

We had to wake up early the next day for our excursion to Carcar!  We just rode a bus headed to Oslob at the Cebu South Bus Terminal.


The trip took longer than our lunch in Carcar, the hometown of lechon!


I bought half a kilo of lechon from the CarCar City Public Market and ate it in the small eatery at the back of the market.


We rode a bus again headed  back to the city.

"Pinky! We are at SM Seaside! Can you ask if we can go down?"

Our merienda was in Zubuchon, SM  Seaside.



Budbod Kabog, bird seed suman.


Biko. I loved it!


Ube Halaya Cheesecake


Kamias Shake.


We visited the Chapel of San Pedro Calungsod.


Dinner was at Ulli's,  Ayala Center.


Pinky had the Laksa.


I ordered the Fishballs Noodle Soup.


Last day in Cebu.

I cannot leave Cebu without eating at Doming's Ngo Hiong.


I absolutely love it!  I ate 10 pieces of the lumpia and 5 puso rice!

I brought home 36 pieces!

Hahahaha I told Pinky it was my treat!

Our breakfast bill was 135 pesos! 15 pieces of ngo hiong, 6 puso rice and a bottle of water!

Simple lunch at Abaca Baking Company, Ayala Center.

Tomato Soup


Chicken Pot Pie


Chocolate Cake.


Pinky had the Meat Pie and the carrot cake.


Then it was time to head home.

Ohhhh by the way, we checked out House of Lechon.


They get their delivery from Carcar 4 times a day.


They let me try their regular and spicy lechon.

Next time, I suppose I do not have to go all the way to Carcar just to eat lechon.

Thank you Pinky for celebrating my birthday with me! Super dooper thank you.

And of course, Ate and Gilly! Thank you!

Happy birthday everyday, Lia!

PS.

Why can I never travel light?

This is just a cabin-sized luggage.


Ate and Gilly shared one side and the other side was for pasalubong.

This is Pinky's!


And she even brought a change of sleepwear for 2 nights, change of outfit everyday, a pair of flip flops and a Denman hairbrush!

And mine.....


I only brought 1 nightgown for the whole trip, just a comb and not a heavy brush and the rest of my things.

When can I ever travel light?

No comments:

Post a Comment