Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Char Kway Teow

I am in my Char Kway Teow obsession ever since I tasted it in Singapore. I am off my diet for a week so I have been indulging in all the rice and wheat that I could eat!

There is an Char Kway Teow recipe in my blog but I am doing another one based on what I tried abroad.

Char Kway Teow

400 gr. 10mm rice noodles, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes then rinsed in cold water

1/2 C. Lard

1 head garlic, crushed

1 onion, sliced

2 pcs. Chinese sausage, sliced diagonally

120 g. Small shrimps

1 T. Chili paste

Celery stalks, handful cut into 2- inch length

100 gr. fish tofu, sliced (SM supermarket)

175 gr. bean sprouts

2 eggs

3 T. Dark Soya Mushroom Sauce

3 T. Sweet Soy Sauce(Kecap manis) or light soy sauce

3 T. Sugar or according to taste

White pepper

Render oil from fat.

Prepare all the ingredients because the cooking process is very fast.

Heat 3 T. Lard and saute garlic and onions until soft and fragrant.

Add the Chinese sausage. Do not stop tossing the ingredients. I used 2 spatulas.

Add the chili paste, when completely blended with the other ingredients, add the fish tofu, celery stalks and bean sprouts. Cook for about a minute.

Make a well in the center of the wok and crack 2 eggs. Let is set for a while then scrabble it. Toss with the rest of the ingredients.

Add The rest of the lard and rice noodles in 2 batches so it is easy to toss and turn the ingredients.

Season with dark soy sauce, sweet or light soy sauce, sugar and white pepper.

Serve while hot.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment