Friday, December 2, 2011

Pancit

I have been eating Pancit for a week now.   It started last Friday when Celine and I had lunch at Floating Island, Makati Med.  It was her treat. 

I ordered Pancit Canton.

Celine had Pancit Lomi.

Then I had Fried Noodles at Legend Seafood Restaurant with Ate and her family last Saturday.

Pancit Sotanghon at Zubuchon in Cebu last Tuesday.

Pancit Sotanghon again yesterday at the St. Andrew Fiesta in Bel-Air.

Then.... Pancit Sotanghon again today!  But this time, I cooked it myself!

Pancit Sotanghon Guisado



1/2 chicken breast
1/2 t. rock salt
3 C. water
4 T. cooking oil
garlic, chopped
onions, sliced
2 T. patis
1/2 C. cabbage, shredded
1/2 C. carrots, juliened
1/2 C. green beans, sliced diagonally
3 pcs. tenga ng daga, soaked in warm water then cut into small pieces
black pepper
1/2 t. MSG (optional)
1 t. sugar
2-3 T. soy sauce
180 g. Sapporo Long Kow Sotanghon noodles, soaked in water for 10 minutes.

Put chicken in a pot with water and salt.  When the water starts to boil, lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.  Remove chicken and flake.  Set aside the soup stock.

In a wok, heat 2 T. oil then saute onions and garlic.  When onions are translucent, add the flaked chicken and then the fish sauce.  After a minute or so, pour in the stock.  Season with black pepper, msg, sugar and soy sauce.

When the stock starts to boil, add all the vegetables and cook until crisp tender.  Remove from the stock and set aside as the topping.

Heat another wok, then add 2 T. oil. 

Tip in the soaked sotanghon noodles.

Slowly pour the stock.  Season with additional soy sauce as desired.  Add half of veggie-chicken topping.  When the stock has reduced, transfer the pancit on a serving dish and put the rest of the toppings over the noodles.

I just discovered my favorite sontanghon brand!!!! It is Sapporo Long Kow vermicelli!!!!



It is the best because the noodles are glassy and glossy when cooked!



Unlike the other brands I bought before, the noodles turned into paste and the pancit was so mushy.

I used Camel soy sauce which I bought in Cebu and can only be found in Cebu.



Ahhhhh Pancit!  Would you believe I am going to cook pancit again this weekend for my family??? 

3 comments:

  1. Hi pinkcookies!

    Will cook Bam-i again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buti na lang nakita ko ulit tong blog na to. Try ko gawin tong pansit guisado. Salamat

    ReplyDelete