Saturday, September 24, 2011

What is up, Lia?

To answer the question, I have been trying to eat healthy food most of the time, i.e. BORING food:   Vegetables and fish or chicken.  Sometimes, I would wake up in the morning and text all my friends:   My blood sugar is low today!  Then other days they would ask me, why no update?  Ahhhh .... because the sugar was high when I woke up.

And.... I also had several cravings.  Do you know what happens when I do have a craving?  I would eat it over and over and over until I do not like it anymore.  I had a Chicken Inasal craving for two weeks,  I ate at Mang Inasal, Chicken Bacolod Inasal, I even made my own but I roasted it instead of grilling so it did not turn out so well, Chic Boy, and from JT Manukan, which was my favorite.  I have yet to try Aida in Makati Cinema Square, it is a branch of a famous Inasal place from Manukan country in Bacolod.  I almost flew to Bacolod just to try their chicken Inasal.  I bought from Magnolia station but it is still in my freezer.

My next craving was Shakeys!!!!  In a span of less than a week, I have eaten at Shakeys four times!  I loved their bunch of lunch and Fridays Special pizza!  The best branch for me is Glorietta.  Lots of cheese and freshly made thin crust pizza!

Lately, I have been having a Banana Split craving.  I was reminiscing the other day... I miss the Magnolia House on Aurora Blvd.  It was bought by Robinsons Land and a new complex is being built right now.  Lots of memories with the family over there.  Also the Quad branch with their serpentine bar.

I can  not find a good ice cream parlor nowadays.  Tita Portia took pity on me and we had had Banana split at Pancake house tonight.



It was ok, of course not like the banana split of *yesteryears* but it was ok to satisfy a craving.

I made my own pitiful version of banana split yesterday.



I had all the ingredients except for the whipped cream!  I bought the all purpose cream but it did not become creamy when I whipped it but I had all the required ingredients: Chocolate, vanilla and strawberry ice cream, banana, crushed pineapple, cherries, chocolate syrup, flaked almonds and watery whipped cream!

I will try again tomorrow, will ask  Tita Portia for some Redi whip.  Then I will not eat banana split anymore.  It is very bad for me.  I just need to feed the craving.

PD (Tita Portia) and I had dinner at Kaya, Jupiter.  It was just all right, we ordered what we do not usually eat from Kaya Express in Rockwell.

Uni Sashimi



Grilled Beef Short Ribs dipped in honey sauce.  I do not know how can they make the meat so tender.



Grilled Mackarel



Leek pancake



Their version of Hotpot noodle soup - not my favorite.



Freebies





I was able to buy several new VERTIGO in a bag today!  Hahahahaha  This is how my friend, Jing, calls  all the junk food, which I am a big fan of.

Leslies Cheddar and Sour Cream (Landmark)



Rustans Rockwell just brought out from the box tonight the following:

TGIF Potato Skins Cheddar and Bacon



TGIF Crunchy Cheddar Bites Jalapeno Cheddar



Burger King Zesty Ranch Onion Rings



Burger King Cheesy Fries



I have not tried them all yet.  Will keep you posted!!!!

Ummm... hello?  I am supposed to be on a healthy diet?  What am I going to do now?  Noooo, I am not giving my chips away...  any other suggestion?  Hahahaha...  Soon ... I really need to do something about it.  Let us just pray I do not get another craving du jour!

2 comments:

  1. wow! the banana split looks so so gooood. yours is loaded with all the works. and the chips! i cannot wait to have a taste. that would be great with ice cold coke! yummmmy.

    ReplyDelete