Saturday, July 23, 2011

(IMC) Karivan

The first time I have heard of (IMC) Karivan, I thought to myself... what kind of restaurant is this?  I did my research in google and found out that IMC means International Master Chef ... and that Karivan Lau is the Chef and owner of the restaurant.  It is mainly Cantonese/Fusion.

It was that time of the month again.... hahahaha ... not what you are thinking  but time for a luncheon with Tita Portia and the friends of my mom.   We have decided to try (IMC) Karivan along Jupiter St., just  beside Chicken Bacolod and Bel-Air 2 gate yesterday.

It is just a small restaurant so if you are a big group, make reservations.  Good thing I did, the place was packed.

There is a newspaper article posted in their entrance so we tried what was written in the article.  Whenever we have lunch with the friends of my mom,  Tita Portia and I would have our own bill and the others pay for their own.  We can not do a five way split because my Tita and I always order more food than the rest.

We ordered their version of Takoyaki.



I had a cup of Rainbow Seafood  Soup - yes, you can order 1 cup only.



Tita Butchie chose the Pork Belly casserole ... I did not check out the name from the menu.



Tita Mita got the shrimp bomb -  it's like shrimp balls with cheese inside on a bed of crispy fried Kailan.



We also tried the crisp vegetables.  Indeed the veggies were crisp but I prefer more flavor.



Deep Fried Shrimp Temaki







Deep fried prawns wrapped in misua noodles.



Beijing Style pork



It is deep fried battered pork wrapped in pancake with with hoisin sauce, cucumber, leeks and carrot strips.  I make a better version which is my Pritchon.

We just ordered 2 cups of Yang Chow fried rice, one for me and one for Tita Portia.



I would give this dish a thumbs up.  The taste reminded me of the fried rice I used to order from Chinese restaurants.  Nowadays, the yang chow from Chinese restos seem to be so bland and oily.

We had the Mango Sago Pomelo for dessert and we were also given complimentary dessert - red bean soup.

They also have dim sum which I plan to try the next time I am in the area.

Hmmmm .... did I like the food?  I do not know what to say.  It was good, nothing bad about it.  I just forgot, I do not like to eat anything fried.  Still a lot to choose from the menu.  I am not giving up and will give this restaurant another chance.

A special shout out to Janna, our waitress ... she was very good and solicitous.  I wish more food servers are like  her.

No comments:

Post a Comment