Saturday, December 1, 2018

Instant Roast Chicken

I have a roast chicken obsession at the moment.  I do not know why.

Country Chicken roast chicken is my favorite but it is in San Juan or Binondo.  I really want to discover how it is cooked. I love the taste because it is sweet like ham or hamonado.  It reminds me of the rotisserie chicken of Tropical Hut in the 70's.

For now I have to make do with instant roast chicken.  I used Mc Cormick Zesty Garlic marinade mix.

Instant Roast Chicken


1.2 K. Whole Magnolia chicken, freshly chilled not frozen
1 Mc Cormick Zesty Garlic marinade mix
1/4 C. water

Dissolve the mix in water and marinate the chicken for 1 hour.

Drain.

Cook in the turbo oven at 200C for 1 hour.  Let it rest for 15 minutes before cutting up.

The gravy I cooked was really good! So smooth and silky.

Gravy:

pan juices and drippings
water
1/2 t. pepper
2 t. Knorr seasoning
1 t. MSG
2 T. flour
2 T. butter

Add water to the pan drippings to make it 1 C.
Toast the flour in the saucepan.  When it turns light brown add the butter and mix until it turns into a paste (roux).
Remove from the heat then add the pan drippings with water, slowly stirring as you pour.
Return the gravy to the heat and season with Knorr seasoning, pepper and MSG.
Stir until thick and bubbly.

*Always add liquid to roux off the heat so it will not be lumpy.





No comments:

Post a Comment