Saturday, December 30, 2017

Batgirls in Bataan

The batgirls, Jing, Mariger, Mona and Lia together with Lisa, Batman (Jon) and Robin (Sherman) had a Christmas celebration in Bataan.


The kids were also with us. James, Michael, Mariel and Raile.


We left early in the morning. It was very cold in the van.


I brought my own little pillow and a blanket which I used to cover my head.


I thought I looked like the Virgin Mary.  But they said I looked like Mama Mary on Steroids!

Hahahahaha I really do have funny friends.

We arrived in Bataan at 11:30!




The breakfast became brunch. We had Fried Okoy from the market.


Tocino and red eggs.


I really love the tocino from Balanga Public Market!  I will buy the next time I go there.

Tinapang bangus. (not in photo.)

After brunch I already cooked the Sinampalukan Hipon.  Mayette bought live suahe.







Since we were still full from brunch, we went to Mt. Samat.


I did not go with them to the museum because it was drizzling and foggy so I just stayed in the van.



We went to the market to buy tinapa, tuyo and Geno's ice cream.  Jing and I shared the 1 gallon mais keso ice cream.

I was able to buy the baby Coke Zero!


The mom of Lisa gave me 1 pack and I bought 2 packs from the market.

A very late merienda at Wanam's.  It was already past 5, I told the waiter to hurry because we were going to eat dinner at 7 pm.

Food we ordered on our end of the table.

Pancit Bihon


Lumpiang shanghai


Fried chicken


Mango shake


Thank you Sherman for the merienda treat!

We went back to Mayette's Forest Greens Farm to prepare dinner.  We just put salt on the pork tadyang, a special cut of meat in their market.

Our lovely table was set by Mayette.


Time to eat!

Sinampalukan Hipon


Grilled tadyang and talakitok


Grilled eggplant


We were very satisfied with our food.

My friends and I are easy to please.  We can have a simple fare and be ecstatic about it.

That's what I love about them.  We don't need fancy stuff nor food, we just need to be with each other and the happiness and fun factor are off the charts.

Thank you Mayette and Jon!

Merry christmas! I love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment