Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Fried Pork Chop Laguna Style

I recently received a message from a faithful follower of my blog that my site is her go-to blog whenever she is cooking for her family and she asked if I could update the recipes, please.

I was inspired by her comment... so here I am with a new experiment.

Just for you, Joan Umali!

I was checking out YouTube videos when I came across the famous pork chop eateries in Laguna.  I have never tried it before but attempted to recreate the recipe.  I need to go to Calamba and eat the pork chops!

Fried Pork Chops Laguna Style


1/2 K. pork chop, thinly sliced, washed and drained

Marinade:

3 pcs. calamansi, juice of
1/4 C. Datu Puti soy sauce
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. black pepper
1/2 t. MSG (Optional)
6 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 stalk lemongrass, pounded

1 C. water

In a shallow container, marinate the pork chops for 2 hours or more.


Boil the pork chops with the marinade in 1 cup water until tender, about 30-40 minutes.

Drain and air dry.


At this point, you can refrigerate for a few days and fry when needed.

Deep Fry until crunchy.

Serve with fried egg and garlic rice.


Don't forget the vinegar dipping sauce.

So easy and you can prepare ahead of time.

I am not very good in frying eggs, sunny side up so I checked out several videos.

This is really so basic but I am going to write down the instructions just the same for my reference.

Sunny Side Up Egg

1 T. cooking oil or butter
1 egg
a pinch of salt
pepper, optional

Break the egg into a bowl and season with salt.
Heat a non stick frying pan.
Add the oil or butter.
Tip in the egg slowly, lower heat.
Cover the frying pan and do not touch it for 3 minutes.
Remove the cover and serve the egg.

Garlic rice is another hit and miss with me especially when it comes to proportions.

So again.... for reference sake...

Garlic Rice

200 g. day old rice
1/2 t. fine salt
1 T. cooking oil
3 cloves garlic, minced

Heat the pan, add the oil and garlic.
When the garlic is light brown in color, add the rice.
Season with salt and cook until heated through.

I plan to experiment more in the coming days so I could share my recipes with my faithful readers!

Thank you so much for inspiring me!



No comments:

Post a Comment