Friday, May 8, 2015

Fat Overload

Fat is good! According to Dr. William Davis, it is!

We should eat fat from beef, chicken and pork! We should not remove it!

I took his words to heart and started cooking and eating meat with fat!

Pork Binagoongan!

I dare say this is one of the best versions I've cooked!

Perfect!

Not too salty because my ENT said to lay off salty food for a while since I've been suffering from vertigo attacks when I wake up in the morning.

I can only cook this dish successfully if my alamang comes from Balanga, Bataan.

Pork Binagoongan

1/4 K. Liempo, cut into cubes

1/4 K. Kasim, cut into cubes

Cooking oil

3 cloves garlic, chopped

1 onion, sliced

3 pcs. ripe tomatoes, sliced

1/2 C. Bagoong

1 C. Pork broth

1/3 C. Cane vinegar

2 T. White sugar

2 pcs. Sibling haba, for garnishing

Boil pork for 1 hour until tender and broth has been reduced to 1 C.

Sauté garlic, onions and tomatoes until soft then add the bagoong.

Add the pork broth. Let it boil then add the meat, vinegar and sugar.

Let it boil again. Do not stir.

Lower heat and simmer until oil has been rendered from the fat.

Garnish with chili peppers.

Another "fatful" dish I cooked was Beef Shortribs and Liempo Sinigang with Fresh Tamarind.

Mayette and Jing held a garage sale in my house today.

Their special request was Nerie's Adobong Tuyo.

I also let them try my Binagoongan Baboy!

That was a double whammy for lunch!

My body was craving for vegetables! So I cooked Mixed Vegetables for dinner.

After the "fat loading" I did these past few days, my body begged for veggies.

WARNING!!!!

One cannot overload on fat in combination with wheat.

That is a lethal combination!

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment