Wednesday, May 6, 2015

All Natural Beef Afritada -Wheat Free Recipe

I am on a wheat-free diet! That's just the beginning! The goal is to totally remove grains (wheat, corn and rice) and eventually all starchy carbs which make my blood sugar spike.

FBS this morning was 278!

Yikes! I really need to do something about it.

Good thing, it just requires mind conditioning.

I am not even talking about discipline. Discipline is when you are controlling your cravings, suffering in silence. Trying not to eat something even though you are dying for a bite.

But mind conditioning, in my opinion, is when someone eats bread or pastry in front of you, you don't get tempted because you already conditioned your mind that you don't like bread.

That approach works best for me.

So far so good. I'm on day 2 already.

I experimented with Beef Afritada! I don't know how to cook it.

I remember my neighbor used to send us Beef Afritada! It was swimming in oil and not in sauce, just the way I like it!

I used all natural ingredients. I especially loved the ripe organic tomatoes!

Beef Afritada-Wheat Free

1/2 K. Beef cubes, preferably with visible marbling. Short ribs may be used also.

1/4 C. Lard

3 cloves, garlic - crushed

1 red onion, sliced

1 C. Ripe organic tomatoes, sliced

1 C. Water

2 pcs. Potatoes, cubed

1 red pepper

1 green pepper

1/4-1/2 t. Salt, season according to taste.

1/4 t. Ground black pepper

1 t. Fish sauce, optional

Sear the beef cubes by batches in lard. Set aside.

In the same frying pan, sauté garlic,onions and tomatoes until soft and wilted.

Add water. When it boils, add the seared beef cubes. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 2-3 hours.

When the beef is tender, add the potatoes, red and green peppers.

Cook until potatoes are done.

Season with salt, pepper and fish sauce just before switching off the heat.

I am proud of my experiment! It was good. I did not add a lot of salt because I have been suffering from vertigo lately and my doctor said to lessen my salt intake.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment