Saturday, February 14, 2015

Shore Excursions - Mariner of The Seas (Part 2)

The Mariner of the Seas made 3 port calls.

Port Klang - 1st Port of Call

We were so excited to disembark to go sight seeing.

We took a cab to Kuala Lumpur to go to Batu Caves. Mona and I did not go up the 270 steps.

Instead..... We took turns taking pictures of each other!

Wow! Mona, my photographer for the day, outdid herself!

Thank you!

While waiting for our cruise mates, I bought a bar of chocolate popsicle.

It was so cool and refreshing!

And then....

The cab driver brought us to the Cocoa Boutique!

Wow!

We bought a lot of chocolates from the store. I just got a few to give as pasalubong.

Next stop was photo op at the Petronas Towers area. It was a very quick stop because the taxi was just double parked.

We passed by many exciting malls! I wanted to check them out but did not have enough time.

Lunch was at Central Market which was recommended by the taxi driver.

We ordered from Makan Time.

I had the soup with rice noodles. I could not remember the name.

Fried Chicken with sambal sauce. This was Cristina's order. Mine did not have rice.

Bernie ordered an iced dessert for sharing.

I had a few minutes to look around the shopping area.

I bought Putu Bambu!

Malaysia's version of Puto bung bong but with "matamis Na Bao" filling.

Of course, I had to try their version of "dirty ice cream"!

Such a long scooper!

Ice cream was so thick!

And could rival the Godiva chocolate ice cream I had in Takashimaya!

Time was too short. We only had 7 hours for the shore excursion and 3 hours were spent traveling to and from the Port Klang Cruise Center.

Langkawi - 2nd Port of Call

I went on my own in Langkawi because I did not want to go island hopping with my travel buddies.

Instead, I went chocolate shopping!

Langkawi is a duty free island!

I went to Coco Valley and Zon Duty Free.

Look at my loot!

Sorry! I am not sharing!

I walked to Cenang Mall which was just 2 minutes away from the duty free shops.

KFC!

I always have to try a fast food joint whenever I go to another country.

The fries were so crunchy!!!!

Remember.... Malaysia has liquid gold - Palm Oil.

The fried chicken was different because they used the yolk of the eggs!

No gravy but a choice of Chili or Super Hot Chili!

Across the mall was.....

Cenang Beach!

Beautiful!!!!

OMG! The sand was like powdered sugar!

But when you step on the sand, it was very hot.

I waded in ankle deep water.

I spent the rest of the afternoon in a bar with WIFI!

Lunch was Satay!

I really loved it! Did not eat the fries anymore because I just ate at KFC.

My next destination was the boardwalk at Resortsworld. I had the gazebo all to myself.

Such a peaceful view of the island.

Selfie moment!

Time to go back to the ship.

Lisa asked me to take a photo which shows its size.

Phuket - 3rd Port of Call

We had to get tender tickets from the Guest Relations Counter and wait for our turn to disembark.

The ship could not dock near the shore so we used tendered boats to take us to Kalim Pier on Kalim Beach.

It was a 10 minute boat ride.

A tuk tuk taxi took us to Patong Beach.

I love Phuket!

But it will never take the place of Boracay in my heart.

The crowd was mostly Caucasians. I think we were the only Asians there at that time.

Bernie bought our snack for the morning. Green Mangoes with different dipping sauces!

Honey with chopped chili, shrimp paste with tamarind and more chili, sugar with chili and salt.

The heat factor was Atomic! I think I burned my tongue!

I had to look for a place with ice cream! Good thing there was a KFC across the street.

Chocolate dipped cone!

I also tried the fried chicken with chili sauce.

Our lunch was at You and Me restaurant near Hard Rock Cafe.

The place was recommended by Jan, one of the waiters.

We ordered ....

Pad Thai with Shrimps - it was better than my Pad Thai!

Tom Yum with Shrimps

Grilled Beef BBQ

Oyster omelette

Bagoong Rice

Vegetables

Sautéed crabmeat

Dessert

After lunch, I separated from the group and walked to Jungceylon. It is a big shopping mall.

I had my milk shake fix!

So many flavors to choose from but so little space in the stomach.

I wanted to walk around the mall some more but was so afraid to be left ashore.

Phuket has possibilities! I can go back again and explore the island.

Hmmmm I wonder when?!

Bye Bye Phuket!

This concludes my shore excursions post!

I wish we had more time in every port of call!

Maybe we should go on another cruise?!?!

Next post.... Dining Onboard - Mariner of The Seas (Part 3)

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment