Wednesday, February 18, 2015

My Diet Went On Vacation

My self-destructive alter ego named Marsha got envious.

She said, if I went on vacation for a week, then my diet will also go on vacation!

For 1 week, I can eat all the wheat and carbs that I want!

I was not able to indulge when I was on a holiday. I was afraid to get sick abroad, so now.....

It is Carbs overload!

Bread! Bread! Bread and more Bread!

My favorite Potato bread from Iko's - a bake shop on C. Raymundo St. Pasig.

I also tried Ponderosa but their Potato bread is the best! I could finish the whole pack!

Spaghetti!

My favorite Children's Sweet Style Spaghetti with mushy noodles!

Fried chicken with Panko breadcrumbs!

Garlic bread!

I ate about half a baguette with French Butter!

Pizza! I even had a Pizza and Pasta night with the Junkies!

We also baked Lengua de gato and made Leche flan because we did not want to waste the egg yolks with our teen bakers, Bea and Marga.

I had merienda with FGM Cindy at Tim Ho Wan.

She asked me what my 2nd choice was in case there was a long line.

I told her, There is NO other option! The power of positive thinking.

Voila! We found a table for 2!

I ate 5 FIVE pork buns!!!!!

FGM only wanted 1,

Then we ordered.....

Shrimp Vermicelli rolls

Asado Vermicelli rolls

Hakaw

Spinach Dumplings

Wasabi Prawn Dumplings

And today.... My legs brought me to Chinatown!

I ate at President's Grand Palace. My favorite Sizzling Noodles with Seafood because it is Ash Wednesday today.

No meat but the priest said I am excempted from fasting because I am diabetic.

I only have a few more days to indulge so I am trying to cram everything into my eating schedule.

S and R Cheese Pizza!

I just baked a batch of Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Walnuts and 72% Dark Chocolates!!!!

Yes!!! All mine!!!! Ok... Not all... I am giving a few pieces to my neighbors.

I have to say, this is the best Chocolate Chunk cookies I've ever baked! It was so embarrassing! You should have heard me while eating it! Hahahaha No wonder people look at me sometimes when I eat.

Just a few more days of "carbful" living and then back to the low carb lifestyle.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment