Friday, July 25, 2014

Roast Pork Banh Mi

My experiment today was Roast Pork Banh Mi and poor Mona was my Guinea pig!

Don't worry, she survived and still alive and breathing.

I am channeling my inner Miss Saigon! I am preparing for a Vietnamese theme party.

It is very easy to assemble Banh Mi, a Vietnamese sandwich.

All you need:

Slab of roast pork belly

Baguette (split open) slathered with homemade mayonnaise then toasted in the oven.

Pickled carrot and singkamas. In the recipes, they use radish.

Lay several thin slices of cucumber on one half of the baguette.

Top with sliced pork belly.

Splash with Maggi or Knorr Seasoning.

Put the pickled vegetables and cilantro on top of the meat.

Then put the other half of the baguette on top of your ensemble.

Voila! Roast Pork Bahn Mi!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment