Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Strawberry Cream Cake

I received a basket of very sweet strawberries from Sam.

He bought it in Baguio. Thank you!

I suddenly had a craving for Strawberry Shortcake. I researched the internet and most of the recipes used biscuits or scones in their shortcake recipes.

I figured I would use a chiffon cake as a base.

I followed a simple recipe online.... It was a disaster.

I gave Wriggly a piece of the cake and he immediately threw up.

My second attempt was much better. I used my tried and tested Maya Kitchen Cookbook.

Oh please... Do not asked me to teach you how to bake a cake! Even for me it is a touch and go situation.

Will just give you a tip.... When it says beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.... This is what it looks like.

It is very easy to assemble a Strawberry Cream Cake. You just need a base.... Whether it is baked at home or store bought, split it in half.

I used the Elle Vire Whipping Cream and whipped briefly in my Kitchen Aid Mixer with the spiral whip attachment until stiff. I added about 2 Tablespoons of sifted powdered sugar.

Spread the cream on the cake.

Arrange halved strawberries on top of the cream.

Spread another layer of cream.

Cover the first layer with the other half.

Spread the remaining whipped cream on top and cover all the sides. Arrange the rest of the halved strawberries on top.

Chill until ready to serve.

I did not add a lot of sugar to the whipped cream because it is bad for me. But you may add more according to taste.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment