Saturday, October 5, 2013

Odds and Ends

This was a strange weekend and it is not over yet.

First, I want to show you my new toy!

An aqua colored ( my favorite) Santoku knife!

It has marvelous cutting, dicing, mincing and chopping abilities! I do not let Hermie wash it, I do it myself all the time.

I am so baffled by the Bicol Express I cooked this weekend. I had to cook it twice, last Thursday and then yesterday again.

It was creamy white....

Then when I rendered the oil from the meat and coconut cream, it became a bit beige-y.

The night before, the color was darker, like the latik of the Biko.

My goal is to cook it like the Bicol Express at Waway's in Legazpi City.

Dry, white and spicy! At the same time, the chilis are not wilted!

The first batch is in the freezer. I'm saving it for my junk food friends.

My Kuya brought home pasalubong for me yesterday!

DECS Special Sio Mai!

I really, really loved it even though it was not wheat-free because of the wrapper.

The tapa I bought in Farmer's was really so delicious!

I think, I am the only one who tells Gil to give me the fatty part all the time.

I like the fat because I make it crunchy, then cook the meat using the rendered oil and then....

to clog your arteries even further, fry the garlic rice in the same wok using the leftover oil!

I cooked a big batch of Kare-Kare! Hahahaha the wok looks like a witch's cauldron!

It is my gift for my 2 friends who are celebrating their birthdays this October and also, to let my family try the Kare-Kare.

I roasted my own peanuts in the oven and used the Osterizer to grind it.

It looks like peanut butter but not sweet.

The toasted rice

was pulverized in the coffee grinder.

I also cooked Chicken on a bed of Mashed Potatoes for the kids.

This was taken before I put it in the oven.

Somebody got the chicken before I had a chance to take a picture!

And said person was NOT a kid!

The coffee of the adults was Vietnamese.

Whenever I hear mass, my mind always wanders. I often think of the food I want to eat.

I went to Cafe Via Mare, PowerPlant and ordered Palitaw right after mass.

My dinner was a disaster! I bought Tuguegarao Longanisa at Rustan's.

I followed the instructions at the back of the packaging but it did not turn out the way I wanted!

My friend, Candy, showed me already how to cook the perfect Longanisa but .... I forgot.

When I sliced the cooked sausage, it fell apart. I just converted it to Longanisa rice.

I was not a happy camper.

Good thing, I still have my secret stash.

The few pieces of chocolates I ate made up for the "odds and ends" kind of weekend I had.

The Wriggly Chronicles

Ever since Wriggly started taking his vitamins, he became more active and his appetite improved so much!

Happy gave him the Lysivit vitamins. It is in syrup form. Yaya Hermie said it smelled so good. She was about to taste it when she read the label : For Dogs and Cats only.

Hahahaha hahahaha!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment