Saturday, September 7, 2013

Beef Tapa Fat

My merienda was so heavy this afternoon! I've been cooking all day long and I got hungry.... Very hungry at 4:30 pm.

The easiest thing to cook was Beef Tapa from Farmer's Market.

I segregated the fat from the meat, then cut it into small cubes and rendered the oil from the fat.

Ohhhhhh the fat pieces were like butter in taste but crumbly in texture!

I fried the meat in the beef tapa fat.... Afterwards, I cooked the garlic rice in the same wok.... using the same beef tapa oil.

Ohhhh I loved it! Sooooooo good! I ate all the rice! I set aside the leftover fat and meat for breakfast.

The reason why I was so hungry and had the need for a heavy afternoon snack was because I only ate half a cup of Pork and Beans for breakfast. I should always eat two eggs so I don't get hungry.

My family had lunch in my house.

Gilly's Favorite Nilagang Baka

Fried Chicken Wings for the kids.

Chicken Curry for the adults....

Best eaten with chopped nuts, raisins, hard-boiled egg, kinchay....

And.... Waitrose Mango Chutney.

I also cooked Minatamis na Kamote.

I did not eat dinner anymore because I was still so full from my merienda.

I had after dinner snacks with my neighbors, Tricia, Marga, Sofia and Michelle. I cooked Kettle Corn for them and added chopped Trader Joe's Milk Chocolate to the second batch.

I'm glad the kids liked it.

Soooooooo very tired..... But at the end of the day.... I was very happy.

The Wriggly Chronicles

He went up the table after my guests left!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment