Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pork Ball Congee

I experimented with Pork Ball Congee tonight. I simmered it for more than 2 hours!

I had a bowl of congee for dinner and added a fresh egg, fried tofu, fried shallots and chopped spring onions.

Pork Ball Congee

100 g. Ground pork

1/2 t. Soy sauce

1/2 t. Oyster sauce

1 t. Corn starch

1 t. Sesame oil

White pepper

Mix all the ingredients, form into small balls and chill until ready to use.

1/2 C. Rice, rinsed

9 C. Soup stock or water

1-inch knob ginger, sliced thinly

Salt and white pepper

When the stock starts to boil, add the rice and ginger.

Lower heat and simmer for 2 hours. Season with salt and white pepper.

Increase the heat, add the pork balls and continue cooking for 15 minutes more.

Garnish congee with whatever you like.

I like my congee a little runny. If you like a thicker consistency just simmer it a bit longer.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment