Sunday, August 18, 2013

I'm in the Mood for Pinakbet!

Ever since I saw the picture of Tita Jit's Pinakbet last night, I could not sleep. I was so excited to wake up to go to the market to buy vegetables.

I am going to be a good girl the whole week. I will only eat fish and vegetables!

It took me 3 hours to make the Pinakbet, including my trip to Poblacion Market.

Look at my fresh veggies!

I asked my friends and researched the net on how to cook ......

Pinakbet

1/4 K. Liempo, cut into strips

Boil in 1 C. Water until it dries and fat comes out. Set aside the meat and leave the oil in the pan.

4 cloves garlic, chopped

1 onion, slice

3 very ripe tomatoes, quartered

1-inch knob ginger, sliced

2-4 T. Alamang

1 C. Shrimp stock or water

1 segment Squash, sliced

1 eggplant, sliced

2 small ampalaya cut into rings and seeds removed

5 pcs. Okra, Cut into 3

1 bunch sitaw, cut into 3-inch length

1 t. Sugar

Sauté garlic, onions and ginger. Add the tomatoes and the alamang.

Put back the meat into the pan and continue sautéing. Pour the water and let it boil.

Add the squash and eggplant first. When half cooked, add the rest of the vegetables.

Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the green vegetables are crisp tender. Do NOT overcook.

I ate the Pinakbet with Fried Tilapia!

Ohhhh super YUM YUM!

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment