Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday Lunch with Friends!

I was very happy I had friends over for lunch!

Good thing I already cooked Adobo last night so it was not much of a hassle.

Mona's family brought Pancit Bihon.

I texted Mayette if she wanted to join us and she said, Yes! She asked me what I wanted from Legazpi Market. I asked her to buy Wansoy and soft drinks.

I also cooked Sinigang na Hipon. It is one of the easiest meals to prepare. I just used Knorr Sinigang mix.

Ohhhhhh and guess what!?!?!?

I am SOOOOOOO proud of myself!

I already know how to cook rice! I used the rice cooker, it turned out ok.

And then I used an ordinary pot! I did not use any measuring cup, just followed Mayette's instructions. I have observed her several times.... She lets the rice boil on high, then when the liquid has almost dried up, she lowers the heat.

The result? Perfect! So soft and not crunchy at all like my pervious attempts.

And the best part? I did not use a Teflon coated pot but there was no tutong on the bottom of the pot.

Congratulations, Lia!

Up to now, I still cannot get over the fact that my rice was cooked perfectly!

Lots and lots of :) :) :)

 

1 comment: