Saturday, March 16, 2013

Apartment 1B, Rockwell

Corry and Mona invited me for dinner at Apartment 1B, Rockwell.

I was surprised when our order came... The Crab Cakes were encased in "shoestring" potatoes which I loved! If I could , I would just order one platter of the fried potato strings.

You cannot eat the crab cakes unless you eat the fried potatoes first.

They also ordered Gourmet Popcorn. Specially selected corn kernels cooked in olive oil and herbs.

Grilled Pork Chops with Apple Sauce.

I always wonder how can the pork chops be juicy and tender. I tried cooking it the other day, I even used my pressure cooker and they were still a little tough.

I do not like pasta dishes but my 2nd favorite after my Sweet Style Children's Spaghetti is Pasta Vongole.

This one was just perfect for me! I even cleaned the plate with the toasted baguette.

I have eaten at the Salcedo branch of Apartment 1B years ago. I am glad there is a new one just around the corner.

Thank you Corry and Mona for the dinner treat!

 

2 comments:

  1. oh wow i love apartment 1b! i read somewhere one way to tenderize pork is marinating it with pineapple juice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicky! I boiled my porkchop in pineapple juice and it is still a bit tough 😩

      Delete