Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What Went Wrong?????

Do you think I cooked Chicken Pastel??????

NO!

I made Potato Salad! But what went wrong? My Potato Salad has always been runny ever since I can remember. Not like the the Potato Salad of PD! The mayo coated each ingredient. The mayo clung to the vegetables.

I used the same ingredients! I even followed the same procedure. I thought if I do not add sugar it will not be watery. I used condensed milk instead.

I was whining to Jing and Mona and they said they will also make Potato Salad just to prove that it should not be runny.

Hmph! I am never going to make Potato Salad. Jing said, it is my Achilles Heel.

I will just have to wait for PD to make again this Christmas.

The reason why I made Potato Salad was because I wanted to pair it with Poco Deli's Cheese Sausage from Cindy.

Next time, I will just buy from Pancake house.

 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lia! Did you put mayo here or was it all condense milk? Did you drain the potatoes? If you add mayo, try adding a bit first with the rest of the ingredients and mix everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicky! The potato salad is swimming in mayo! I only added a tablespoon or 2 of condensed milk. It was runny even before I added the potatoes, carrots and beans.

      Delete
    2. i don't think condense milk is a good idea. try putting mustard instead.

      Delete
    3. Hi Vicky! I think I will just wait for Christmas for the Potato Salad of PD.

      Delete