Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Tita Ruby's Birthday at Alba's Westgate

Tita Ruby Henson is the friend of PD but she is also my friend now.  Their friendship goes way back since their riding days.  I remember her when I was a little girl, I used to tag along at the riding school near the perimeter of North Forbes.

She invited PD and I for lunch at Alba's, Westgate.  We all love lechon!!!  That is why she chose that place.

Cochinillo



The cochinillo's skin was very thin and crisp and I got my favorite rib part!  They used a piglet, I could tell, the ribs were just a bit thicker than a toothpick!

The other food at Alba's....

Callos



Lengua



Paella



Baked Fish



Pasta



Buttered Vegetables



Assorted Cold Cuts and Chorizo



Pollo Pate, Espinacas, Tomato, ajo, aceiti de oliva



Fried Fish cutlets, mushrooms in garlic, chicken meatballs in gravy



Spanish Sardines



Canonigo



Marshmallow Dome



I always only get the food I like whenever I eat at a buffet.  I just got the cochinillo, a little paella, lengua and callos.



Some antipasti....



and ... a small slice of Canonigo.

We were all sharing stories and when we looked at our watches .... it was already 4:00 p.m.!!!  Time really flies so fast when you are having a good time.

Thanks and Happy Birthday, Tita Ruby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment