Friday, December 7, 2012

Mayette's Baked Ribs

I love eating at Mayette's house because their food tastes like what I am used to.  I remember the cook of my Grandmother used to make delicious Baked Spareribs but I could never replicate it.  The recipe of Mayette comes very close!



I actually experimented 2 weeks ago and grilled the ribs but the baked version tonight was so much better!

I bought a pack of pork rib bones in SM, it is my favorite part.



It was Tita Tess who told me about the bones in SM when we bumped into each other at the supermarket. Even when I am eating lechon, I only like the rib cage.  I also bought premium spareribs but I do not like the meat so that was what I shared with PD, Kuya and Hermie.

I wanted to finish all! But I was so full! I already had several and nibbled the meat off of  the bones!



And the sauce?!?!?!  I was sipping it like soup!!!!  I am now trying to imagine .... maybe next time I can use beef short ribs .....  lots of possibilities.

Mayette's Baked Ribs

1 K. spareribs or beef ribs cut into 4 inch length
3/4 C. brown sugar
1/2 C. UFC banana ketchup
1/2 C. pineapple juice
2 T. Datu Puti soy sauce
1 t. Knorr seasoning
1/2 t. garlic, chopped
1 t. pepper
1 T. salt
1-2 pcs. siling labuyo
1-2 C. water, enough to cover

Put all the ingredients in a pot.  Boil for one hour (pork) or until the meat is tender if using beef ribs.

Place the ribs in a pyrex roasting pan.  Bake at 400F until the meat turns dark in color.

Reduce the sauce in the pot until about 1 cup is left.  Slowly and carefully ladle the sauce over the ribs in the oven.

Bake until the sauce is slightly thick and syrupy.

No comments:

Post a Comment