Thursday, December 20, 2012

Ate's Birthday at Spectrum, Fairmont Hotel

My Ate celebrated her birthday lunch at Spectrum, Fairmont Hotel in Ayala Center.



PD and I were her guests.



I just discovered I have an "eating dress"!!!!  Hahaha! Yesterday, I was wearing a pair of jeans and they were not very conducive to birthday celebrations.

Fairmont Hotel had a "soft opening" last December 3 according to the Assistant F & B Director, Anna Derygo.

We had the buffet lunch at Spectrum.

Let me show you the different food stations ......



I was in suckling pig heaven!!!!



I had 2 servings.



I prefer suckling pig to duck.



They also have a dimsum station .... I got the sio mai and hakaw.





I loved the fresh oysters!!!!  Slurpy yum! Hahahahaha!



I had a few slices of Tuna sashimi from the Sushi bar.





Pumpkin soup





























I would have loved to try the noodles, pasta or pizza but I could not eat anything with flour.







My choices were limited but I did not mind.

Strawberry flavored water....



I love all the desserts they have!  Too bad I could not indulge.... much.









I was so amazed by the bees!!!!!





I tried the Mascarpone with honey ....





and the chocolate cup with honeycomb and honey.



I always get cheese for dessert since I cannot eat a lot of sweets.



Ohhh and the Mango creme brulee, mango marshmallow with dried mango bits and mango merengue.

Anna recommended the Mango-Banana Crepes with English Toffee Ice cream.



PD tried it .... I just had a teeny weeny taste of the fruits but not the crepes.

I had 4 flavors of ice cream:  English Toffee, Strawberry, White Chocolate Raspberry and Mango Sorbet.





Ate got the chocolate chip cookie, macaroons and strawberry tart.



When Anna learned it was my Ate's birthday, she sent a cake to our table!



I have to say the customer service of the hotel was 10 out of 10 in my book.  As soon as you enter the establishment, someone will take you to Spectrum.  The waitstaff was so attentive.  Every time you get food, they will bring the plate to your table and you do not have to wait for a long time if you ask them for anything.

Thank you for the lunch, Ate.... and Happy Birthday!!!


4 comments: